29 33%
RR3
32 36%
LTD
28 31%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
Last edited by stratdud39 at Sep 27, 2008,
Its an LTD not an ESP (what does it say on the headstock?)
but i'd personally go for the LTD

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode.

shut up they aint that bad

id say ldt probs, i wunna get one too, jacksons neck bit too chunky for me
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
id go with the ltd. there solid built guitars. then on the other hand i have one, so i might be a bit biased
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
if u want metallica sound why not use the pickups metallica uses go ltd
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
Quote by stratdud39
the floyd rose is a big part of the reason i'm even getting a new guitar, so yes, im sure

Ok than, but remember that a floyd rose won't make you a good guitar player.

Well I'd go for the Dinky 'cause of the EMG pickups and good jackson flattened neck, But the ESP LTD looks also kinda cool, u should try them both. But RR3, it's a good guitar but isn't really a best guitar if you want to play and sit. It also has only one 1 EMG pickup.

Quote by death_metaller

My personal opinion. They aren't that bad once you get hang of it but untill that they are really annoying.
鋼の錬金術師
Last edited by Punkismygod at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by Punkismygod

Well I'd go for the Dinky 'cause of the EMG pickups and good jackson flattened neck, But the ESP LTD looks also kinda cool, u should try them both. But RR3, it's a good guitar but isn't really a best guitar if you want to play and sit. It also has only one 1 EMG pickup.
The RR3 has 2 pickups, and not 1 of them is an EMG
id go with the rr3, they upgraded the pickups from the old model with the duncan designed. and it was a much needed upgrade.

and about the floyd rose.....people need to quit being retarded about them. spend time working on them get use to it and you wont have a problem. you people bug me saing they are a bitch to set up........
Quote by FRDesign
The RR3 has 2 pickups, and not 1 of them is an EMG

ou yeah lol confused it with a RR24

Quote by Punkismygod
that was uneccasary....i'm not a beginner or anything....
but thank you very much for your reply!

Yeah I just want to say that to everyone who thinks about floyd rose. My friend got a floyd rose because he thought it would made him a better player. He played with it 1 week and got bored fixing it all the time, he still got's it but bought also a some sort tokai les paul. what a waste of money by my thinking
鋼の錬金術師
Last edited by Punkismygod at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by Punkismygod

My personal opinion. They aren't that bad once you get hang of it but untill that they are really annoying.

the rr3 dosent have a emg in it. you are thinking of the rr24
Quote by death_metaller

wtf? jacksons have thinner necks than ltd! anyway get the rr3 i have one and it rocks, more versatile too due to the lack of EMG's it looks the best too.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
wtf? jacksons have thinner necks than ltd! anyway get the rr3 i have one and it rocks, more versatile too due to the lack of EMG's it looks the best too.

well i'm not worrying too much about versatility, because i already have a stratocaster
Quote by stratdud39
well i'm not worrying too much about versatility, because i already have a stratocaster

the rr3 also has the best floyd on it aswell iirc, the neck is also uber fast. plus it isnt the same shape as your strat like the other 2 so it will feel more special and new
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
the rr3 also has the best floyd on it aswell iirc, the neck is also uber fast. plus it isnt the same shape as your strat like the other 2 so it will feel more special and new

urgh they all seem so lovely!!!
if i get the RR3, will i still be able to get a great metallica sound? because it doesnt have EMGs in it.
but i am looking for a really fast neck, and the rhoads looks so nice...urgh im torn between these three guitars
Quote by stratdud39
urgh they all seem so lovely!!!
if i get the RR3, will i still be able to get a great metallica sound? because it doesnt have EMGs in it.
but i am looking for a really fast neck, and the rhoads looks so nice...urgh im torn between these three guitars

course you could tone is 80% amp. you could always put emgs in it later if you wanted, the rr3 is also the cheapest I think?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
do they still make ESPs? whats with the whole LTD thing now? is it like squier to fender?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
i dont like mahogany bodies for metal and i think the dinky is better suited for metallica type metal than the RR3
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by RabbidWolf
do they still make ESPs? whats with the whole LTD thing now? is it like squier to fender?

pretty much except ltds are actually good whereas squire is shit
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
My friend has the same LTD and a simlar Jackson Dinky (same but with fixed bridge) and he much prefers the jackson. I haven't played either though.

Quote by stratdud39
all right everybody, i've decided i want the RR3, but you can still try to convince me not to buy it.

Well they don't fit in a normall guitar case so if you do get a hardcase it will weigh a tonne

But you can always get a gigbag and the RR3 is a loveble guitar. Comphortable to play, sounds great, high quality for the price and looks awesome
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Sep 27, 2008,
All three are licensed floyds, i'd rather invest in a guitar with a better bridge in your price range. other than that i would go for the emg equipped Jackson.
Quote by death_metaller

^ban this noob for me plz?

You say they arent that bad: that's right, in case of the Jacksons. But you suggest the LTD. The jackson LFR's are better than the LTD LFR's.

Also: jackson necks are ALOT thinner than LTD's.

Have you ever played a Jackson or an LTD?

For me the choice is obvious. If you want 24 frets, take the dinky. If you want 22 frets, get the RR3. Pickups is something you can always change afterwards.
In the poll i voted the RR3, because imo, the duncans are WAY better than the EMG's, and i dont mind having 'only' 22 frets, because the fourth octave E can be played with a bend.

EDIT: if i may do a suggestion, id go shop second hand. For the money you spend on those guitars new, you could easily buy the superior SL3.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 27, 2008,
^ What 'LP CL' said. The Jacksons LFR's are pretty good, but sometimes it's like a hit or miss. The Jacksons necks are very thin, even compared to the LTD. Really, each one of the guitars you're considering are guitars you should deffinatly try out before buying. If it were me, I'd take the Dinky over the RR3 any day, because it's simply more comfortable to me. It's really all personal taste.

The post stating that he should get the RR3 because he's in a band is probably one of the dumbest things I've heard. What should make him want to get the RR3, the shape? Because little kids will think you're cool for having a odd shaped guitar?
Comfort>Looks.
i had to go through the same thing and i chose the LTD MH-400?
Why? Because The MH-400 has a mahogany body, the wood play's a major part in the tone and the set neck gives better sustain. But really, the best way to choose is to try them for yourself.
Well, I would say the MH-400, if the price was $660 like it was before, but if you can manage another $150, which you would have to get at least another hundred just for the case on the RR3, then get the Schecter Hellraiser C1. It has an OFR, much better then what any of those guitars have, and it is very similar to the MH, just the neck is a tad bit different.

Anyways, out of those guitars, the RR3 is overpriced as it has a bolt-on neck which is horrible for reaching up on the neck as the MH has set-thru which has the same transition as a neck-through guitar, but with the mixture of tone and sustain from set-neck and neck-through. One bad thing about Jackson is they are overpriced. The DKMG is the same price as the MH, but the MH has natural binding and a quilted maple top which means more value. I personally didn't like a friend of mine's DKMG he got mainly because it was just setup badly, which I guess you can argue that you can set it up yourself, but why pay a bunch of money for something that isn't properly made? All in all, MH-400.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by stratdud39
why exactly?(i do play in a band, just wondering)

Because they look amazing, crowds love em! And obviously you will be playing it stood up anyways....

Quote by mrbungle50221
pretty much except ltds are actually good whereas squire is shit

No there are differences. LTD's are owned by ESP whereas Squier are merely designed by fender but not produced by them, that's why the quality is not as good.
Quote by Big_Rat
Because they look amazing, crowds love em! And obviously you will be playing it stood up anyways....

No there are differences. LTD's are owned by ESP whereas Squier are merely designed by fender but not produced by them, that's why the quality is not as good.

Big fail!
First: dont buy a guitar because 'the crowd loves them'. Buy it because YOU love it. And the crowd doesnt love a shape of a guitar, they love tone and quality playing.

Second:
Squier is owned by fender, and they deliberatly produce alot of beginner guitars, for a very low price. But they also produced quality stuff like the JV strat who is on par (even better imo) than an MIA strat. The affinity series arent the only squiers you know.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by SGStrummer61

Anyways, out of those guitars, the RR3 is overpriced as it has a bolt-on neck which is horrible for reaching up on the neck as the MH has set-thru which has the same transition as a neck-through guitar, but with the mixture of tone and sustain from set-neck and neck-through. One bad thing about Jackson is they are overpriced. The DKMG is the same price as the MH, but the MH has natural binding and a quilted maple top which means more value. I personally didn't like a friend of mine's DKMG he got mainly because it was just setup badly, which I guess you can argue that you can set it up yourself, but why pay a bunch of money for something that isn't properly made? All in all, MH-400.

What a shitload of bullcrap.
The RR3 overpriced? Because it has bolt on? Nowadays bolt ons have as good as, if not, better sustain than set necks. And it has the advantage that you can easily swap the neck if something happens to it.
And a set thru neck is far from the same as nekthru. Otherwise there wouldnt be any more neckthru guitars anymore, because setthru is cheaper to produce.
The MH may have natural binding, but alot of cheap guitars (<1000$) that have binding have BUT UGLY binding and its badly crafted.
You also say that the MH has a figured top and the dinky doesnt?
How about this:

You say that the 'quilted maple top' on the MH has more value? Bullshit, its not even a maple top, its veneer.
About the setup: any properly set up Jackson i played, played great.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Big fail!
First: dont buy a guitar because 'the crowd loves them'. Buy it because YOU love it. And the crowd doesnt love a shape of a guitar, they love tone and quality playing.

He will love the RR3 so will others watching, V's are very stylish and unusual and saying that the crowd doesn't love a shape of a guitar is just bonkers, of course they recognize a unique design or shape of guitar! And i think the Duncans in the RR3 have a pretty decent tone
You got me wrong. I ment: as long as the tone and the playing is great, it doesnt matter which guitarshape you use. Crowds come to hear good music and have fun, not to spot original guitar shapes...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I dont know why people say the upper frets are hard to access with a bolt on. I have no trouble at all. But then again, my fingers are not little chubs.
Page 1 of 2