So I'm looking to get some new pickups for my RG, and I've already decided on a Breed for the bridge, but I don't know if I want a Breed or an Evo in the neck. I play mostly shred and metal, nothing really low-gain.

I'm really leaning towards the Evo because it has that screaming, harmonic-rich, no-mud lead tone that I'm looking for, but I've heard it doesn't do too well in a basswood RG. The Breed does go well with basswood, but as my amp is rather bass-heavy, I think it might end up being a little muddy, and I can't stand mud.

As for cleans, I'll mostly use the 2 and 4 positions, but I'd like a balanced tone (another point for the Breed there lol).

Thanks for your help.

I also put up a clip on my profile of me playing rhythm in the bridge, and lead in the neck, so you can hear my amp (excuse the sloppy playing, remember we're going for tone here ).
I really love the Evo. I have a set in my Jackson that replaced the passive EMGs it came with. Very articulate and crisp. I use like them for shred and metal, as well as clean.

I threw a set of breeds into my Rhoads V that I bought a little while ago and I actually wasn't really impressed. They aren't bad though, just not the chunk/bite I like.

If your amp is bass heavy like you said the evo would be my choice.

Just my input, I am no pick-up expert. You can see all the gear I use in my signature. I hope I helped.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Evo's are really sweet. I also have a basswood RG, I dropped one in the bridge, and it has plenty of attack for riffage and leads, but I readjusted the poles to my liking. Seeing as you want to play shred, it's probably the best choice out of the 2.
never tried breeds (looking forward to though).
i have evos in my mahogany bodied guitar and they sound great except the bridge pickup's rather ice-picky (treble) so you might want to tweak your amp a little to balance things out.
i heard evo 2 is a good alternative to evo bridge.
I have an evo in my bridge on my Ibanez. It sounds really 'meh' to me, it has no real character. If you play shred you might like thet though.
Quote by Horlicks
I have an evo in my bridge on my Ibanez. It sounds really 'meh' to me, it has no real character. If you play shred you might like thet though.

That's why I'm putting a Breed in the bridge