i was thinking of getting a pocket pod and a lead and head phones in a deal on gak, now im not using this as a amp for live work or even out loud practsing just headphone stuff while family is asleep or whatever so what are peoples thoughts on the pocket pod.
Last edited by stewart91 at Sep 27, 2008,
I have one, I love it. The sounds aren't half bad, and they're are a decent range of effects. Plus it has an audio out, so you can use it to record through the computer. I suggest getting a power supply though, it eats up batteries very quickly.
Quote by stewart91
i was thinking of getting a pocket pod and a lead and head phones in a deal on gak, now im not using this as a amp for live work or even out loud practsing just headphone stuff while family is asleep or whatever so what are peoples thoughts on the pocket pod.

for the money it's incredible... I have the Pod XT Pro in my rack and a Pocket Pod for messing about with at home, and the pocket pod compares very favourably to its bigger brother... for 60 quid it's an absolute steal
out of here
I have one that I only use for silent headphone practice. It is great for what it is: a cheap compact little modelling amp without a speaker. If you have a nice pair of headphones, it can sound pretty good. I think it is good value for money. Most of the presets aren't great, but you can tweak to taste & save your preferences. I particularly like hooking it up to my computer, so I can jam along with a file and hear both my playing and the recorded song through my headphones. When I practice through my other amp, I still wind up using it as my tuning pedal.
I love mine. If you buy a Sonic Stomp and run PP--> SS--> FXin you'll get some really good sounds from it. To save battery life, turn off reverb, the reverb effect on it uses loads of batteries.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
i've got a vox amplug, it has a good tone and gain range and very handy when i don't want to wake up the old lady. good value at around £30.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I bought I pocket pod and used to for about 3 weeks, you quickly get bored of the presets, you can't get any good distortions but there are okay overdrives and the modulations are pretty average as well but I really did like some of the effects on there it's fun to play around with. If you can't use an amp it's the next best thing.
I got a v-amp 2 which does the same job. Sounds ok with my fender and I use it when the kids are in bed.