27 18%
80 - 90%
15 10%
90 - 100%
28 19%
100 - more%
26 17%
Voters: 150.
Personally, I would have to say about %100 because I spend my days around the guitar, looking into major in Classical and composition, and my dream is to become a composer/active musician.

Poll coming.

say the percentages you picked or say what you think yours in in detail. (example 98%) also sorry for the IMHO.
Last edited by Graveworm at Sep 27, 2008,
imho?
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
Quote by SMBoo28
imho?

In my honest opinion.

Edit: in honest opinions... thats what I meant.
50%. I'm only a casual player and I'm not that great anyway so it's not going to end up being my way of living.
Right now, guitar is the only thing that makes sense to me!
So 90-100%.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
i picked 90-100 because i have been involved in music since i was 4 so like 12 years. and i started with piano, then went to cello for 3 years after 5th grade and then i upgraded to guitar in 7th grade so i already had a great involvement with music for my whole life pretty much. but when i got my guitar, i was so proud of my self that i could play my favorite songs. i first started with green day-cky-afi/HIM/blink 182 and stuck with that for like a cupple years then moved to more solo oriented artists such as wolfmother (theyre more solo oriented than green day for sure) and a few others, then avenged sevenfold. a year from that now i have been playing children of bodom, more avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine and all of those guys as well as in 6th months, i skyrocketed my knowledge of understandment of music by learning music theory which i always wanted to learn since i was 4. so now all i think about is music and now im becoming a gear junkie and i am always thinking about what to get for new gear (other than my cherry red, quilted maple, schecter)

EDIT: in the winter i think of it 30% of the time because of snowboarding
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Very important to me, without guitar, I don't know what i'd be doing for most of the time, and I don't know what i'd be spending money on!

I definetly want to do something guitar-related as a proffession, needless to say my dream would to play guitar in a sucsessfull band.
Right now I'm writing songs and all, and it seems to me that I spend more time trying out different arrangements than playing. But my guitars mean a lot to me.
30% max.
I have a life.
I have a girlfriend.
I play volleyball.
I like to go boose with friends.
I have a job i like.

Guitar is far from everything to me, which doesnt mean that i dont enjoy playing and gigging.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I would say somewhere in the 30-40%. I mean I love guitar but there are many other things in my life I love. I think 30-40% importance a big chunk anyways.

90 - 100% is pretty ridiculous
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I say 60-70%. When my paychecks are spent on new gear, it's pretty damn important, but I also have school, work and hitting the gym.
During the busy parts of the year, it's probably in the 30-40% range. I mean, I love to play more than anything, but I have a LOT of far more important concerns on my mind always. I attend a very work-intensive design school and the work we have to do generally takes the vast majority of our time. Otherwise, I have plenty of social obligations and other things I have to deal with...ultimately guitar is only something I mess around with in my limited free time.
crazy talking animals
95%

Like, its my only means of releasing my feelings. =/

anyways
its really important
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by thefrigginbob
I would say somewhere in the 30-40%. I mean I love guitar but there are many other things in my life I love. I think 30-40% importance a big chunk anyways.

90 - 100% is pretty ridiculous

No, it is called passion.
Very low honestly.

I love music and playing guitar, but in the scheme of life, it is pretty minor.

I study, I like to achieve academically, thinking to the future.
I have a girlfriend who I'll rate above anything else.
I have to sleep and eat.
I race XC and road.
I want to travel etc. etc.

Anyone saying 100% is either interpreting the question differently, or should get of the forum and play some guitar because it is detracting from your 100%
I see I'm in a class of my own...there are plenty of things much more important to me.
lets just say i would do things to a guitar i wouldnt do to a farm animal, if i was a cable that is.... so 100 - ∞%)
Quote by Graveworm
No, it is called passion.

Call it whatever hell you want. That doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

You really put more importance in guitar than family? Close friends? Your health? Your intelligence? A boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife?

Sounds selfish to me.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
1000% it's my ****ing everything!

• If it wasn't for music I'd killed myself ages ago.

• Don't have many friends, well hardly any, no boyfriend, no shit, and a boring family, thankfully my brother is the only one who supports me of playing guitar, he even bought my last guitar because he wants me to be something and to develop my talent.

• I only have some education, dropped out of my education years ago, but got a valuable diploma from the Hotel Industry which gives me enough money for a living at least. I have no plans of going back to school and focus on music is all the free-time I have. I will never be rich nor do I want to as long as I can do something I love which is my only ****ing plan.

• I use all my ****ing time listening to music, I don't even own a TV, I don't party and I'm never invited to one either, and I prefer staying at home playing guitar than hanging out with people who don't even like me, yes my life is sad, but true.

• I even play if my strings are 1 year old, right now I only have an acoustic by my side, I really dislikes the acoustic compared to an electric. The strings are old, the warm climate ****ed up the sound in my guitar, it sorta sucks but I still play 5-10 hours a day, on a day off it's 15-20 hours a day. I never studied music at a school or anything and started late, when I was 18, self-taught little freak.

• I am currently learning the drums, I have fallen in love with this instrument, if I'll love it more than the guitar only time will tell. But oh it's growing and my love for music is exploding.

• I am a woman, I don't want kids, I haven't met anyone special yet and don't believe in love forever because I've been there and it always ends in hell and me hurted with wounds all over so it's hard to trust anyone but my guitar.

• Hopefully one day I could be in band, being a woman kills some of that and I am not a girly girl and don't wanna be in a "Girl-Band." **** SEXISM. And NO I am not a feminist, I don't hate men, I respect them, but female bitches who ****s everything up for me I ohh so dislike more than bastards.

• I refuse to die old and look back at my life and regret that I never focused more to be a musician, I want to make HISTORY. If not I've had a shitty life.

• I would die and travel across the world 100 times for whatever band I would be in.
50% to my guitar.

i hate to say this but the other 50% goes to... chicks... and other little things in life..
used to be 80-90 now 50-60.

i practice way less now and i don't know why.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
70-80, bass is 80-90
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
70%.

Eight months ago or so, I probably would have said 100%. Then I read Clapton's autobiography...
Quote by Wytica
1000% it's my ****ing everything!

• If it wasn't for music I'd killed myself ages ago.

• Don't have many friends, well hardly any, no boyfriend, no shit, and a boring family, thankfully my brother is the only one who supports me of playing guitar, he even bought my last guitar because he wants me to be something and to develop my talent.

• I only have some education, dropped out of my education years ago, but got a valuable diploma from the Hotel Industry which gives me enough money for a living at least. I have no plans of going back to school and focus on music is all the free-time I have. I will never be rich nor do I want to as long as I can do something I love which is my only ****ing plan.

• I use all my ****ing time listening to music, I don't even own a TV, I don't party and I'm never invited to one either, and I prefer staying at home playing guitar than hanging out with people who don't even like me, yes my life is sad, but true.

• I even play if my strings are 1 year old, right now I only have an acoustic by my side, I really dislikes the acoustic compared to an electric. The strings are old, the warm climate ****ed up the sound in my guitar, it sorta sucks but I still play 5-10 hours a day, on a day off it's 15-20 hours a day. I never studied music at a school or anything and started late, when I was 18, self-taught little freak.

• I am currently learning the drums, I have fallen in love with this instrument, if I'll love it more than the guitar only time will tell. But oh it's growing and my love for music is exploding.

• I am a woman, I don't want kids, I haven't met anyone special yet and don't believe in love forever because I've been there and it always ends in hell and me hurted with wounds all over so it's hard to trust anyone but my guitar.

• Hopefully one day I could be in band, being a woman kills some of that and I am not a girly girl and don't wanna be in a "Girl-Band." **** SEXISM. And NO I am not a feminist, I don't hate men, I respect them, but female bitches who ****s everything up for me I ohh so dislike more than bastards.

• I refuse to die old and look back at my life and regret that I never focused more to be a musician, I want to make HISTORY. If not I've had a shitty life.

• I would die and travel across the world 100 times for whatever band I would be in.

I say this with the utmost sincerity (which is something that I don't do very often),

Good for you. I hope you do great and make history and everything. Hell, with an attitude like that, you will do great and make history. Don't you ever listen to anyone that tells you otherwise.
90 to 100 percent cuz its all i got when friends and people let you down and shitty relationships guitar and music makes it all better. GUITAR FOR LIFE!!!!! never wanted to anythign else since i heard it
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
This thread title makes no sense, it essentially reads:

How important is guitar in my honest opinion to you?

:|
playing musical instruments is all i ever do, and if i'm somewhere where theres nothing like that around i get depressed and stressed out and just feel lost, which really sucks. so given that guitar is my main instrument i'd say its about 80%-90% important to me.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'd say 50-60% or 70-80% depending on the day.

I prefer sleeping though, it's better.
Cam Sampbell's my hero