Hi people, im having a hard decision to make, i have a budget of £800 to spend and i was wondering if i could have help deciding.
My 2 main choices at the moment are:
Gibson Les Paul Studio @ £799
or
ESP ec 1000 LTD Deluxe (one with the seymour duncans)
Please can i have help.
Quote by kevinchowe
Hi people, im having a hard decision to make, i have a budget of £800 to spend and i was wondering if i could have help deciding.
My 2 main choices at the moment are:
Gibson Les Paul Studio @ £799
or
ESP ec 1000 LTD Deluxe (one with the seymour duncans)
Please can i have help.

Personnaly I'm an ESP/LTD fan, so I'd go with the EC 1000.

But it's personnal taste.

Try 'em and choose the one that you prefer.
Unless the LP studio construction has gone up recently, I'd stay away from it. They are very hit an miss. The ESP/LTD would be a very nice guitar.
What kind of music do you play?
In my previous experience Seymour duncans are amazing for metal....and blues....jazz....rock, pretty much everything.
So i'd go for the ESP/LTD.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Get the EC-1000 if you're more into metal.

If you like just alternative/hard rock get the regular les paul. If you're into heavy music, shred, more versatility get the EC-1000.

One thing I don't like is that they have EMG's that mask the tone of the wood. I'd stick some passives in there.

The advantages of the EC-1000 are 24 frets, VERY thin neck unlike regular LP's, overall better craftsmanship, parts/tuners of equal or better value than the LP's.

I would say go with the EC-1000. I am saving for one right now.
Quote by rabblerouser89
Get the EC-1000 if you're more into metal.

If you like just alternative/hard rock get the regular les paul. If you're into heavy music, shred, more versatility get the EC-1000.

One thing I don't like is that they have EMG's that mask the tone of the wood. I'd stick some passives in there.

The advantages of the EC-1000 are 24 frets, VERY thin neck unlike regular LP's, overall better craftsmanship, parts/tuners of equal or better value than the LP's.

I would say go with the EC-1000. I am saving for one right now.

The one he wants has Duncans in it.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The one he wants has Duncans in it.

Oh that's a plus then. The one's I've seen have EMG's in them.

But now I remember their amber sunburst model has SD's.
dude,...dont pay any attention to the sheep that claim a gibson les paul is sub-par..quality control...over rated,..blah,blah,blah!!

the best advice you got here was to try them both!

i have played at least 47 billion les pauls,....the only issues i have ever found was an occasional poor set up for my liking,....and if you dont buy a guitar because of the set up,...your in for a long, hard road as a guitarist.

i would take the les paul used!!..over the esp ltd!!

i am jessexxx and i approve of this post
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Unbanned already?

I agree with the Les Paul used part though. You could get a standard instead of a Studio which would be much better.

Out of those two I would take the EC-1000 though.

i have been free of the room of doom for quite sometime actually

<---kinder,..gentler...thanx to the UG/clock work orange rehab----
It's really up to preference. I've played some great Studios, and I've played some bad ones, same goes with the ECs. As long as you're not buying without trying it out, I'd say it's really a toss up.

If I were to choose based on specs though, the EC-1000 wins, hands down:

Better Pickups
Better Hardware
Earvanna Nut
Locking Tuners
Nicer Finish
Holds Value Better
Non-Chambered Body (but still light-weight anyway)

However, the EC-1000 is a different feel, and sound. I used to own one with the EMGs and it had the heaviest rhythm tone I've gotten out of any other guitar, but eventhough it has 24 frets, they're not very usable past the 20th fret or so anyway because of the cutaway. I ended up trading the guitar off because I wanted something I could play lead on more easily. Granted, the Gibson is going to have this problem as well.

I'd advise you to just go try them out, see which one you like the best yourself, and don't look back!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com