I've been searching for amps for a while, but after weeks of searching I blew all of my money on a guitar instead (LTD Alexi 600 ). So now that I have a nice guitar, I need an amp that will do it justice.

At home, I just play through a Roland practice amp. With my band I use a Fender Frontman 212 .

Right now I have about $550, but I can raise that to $700 by November. If I wait until Christmas, I could increase that to $1000.

I'd like some recommendations for amps in the $650 - $900 range. I'd prefer a combo to a stack, and I need a decent amount of volume and high amounts of gain.

I've heard a lot about Bugeras, and I was considering buying either the 333 or 6260, but apparently their quality control is terrible, and their parts are cheap. Can anyone support/refute this?
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
You get what you pay for with bugeras.

Mass produced, low QC is the reason for the lower prices.

Does that mean that if you get one, it will break?

No.

It would work for what you do.
I like Marshall tone. But hey, that's me. Line6 make good modellers but get above 75w from them for footswitching.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
I like Marshall tone. But hey, that's me. Line6 make good modellers but get above 75w from them for footswitching.

Yes, Line 6 makes 3 good modelers.

The Vetta, the HD147, and the Flextone.

The Spider III is not one of them.
I'm not looking for a modeling amp
how about a used 5150/6150 or a used mesa? or a carvin X100B
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by bBreaker at Sep 27, 2008,
Used 5150/6505, used XXX or JSX combo, used Mesa F-30 or 50, new Randall RG50tc.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What about the Carvin Legacy 212? Has anyone here ever played one? I saw some demos on youtube, and it sounds awesome, but there are no stores that sell them here.
Last edited by Reds3031 at Sep 28, 2008,