Hey, so i went along to my local RAF career place and i was inquiring about becoming a pilot in the raf. I have 14 GCSE's all A*- C and currently doing A-levels. I have perfect vision, nothing wrong medically but they asked me if i had hayfever. Now i answered honestly - i do, for about a month in summer when rape-seed first comes about. But i take medication for it and im fine. Its very mild aswell.

Apparently that means i cant become an RAF pilot. I didnt see why, because i've looked around and i've heard you can lie / if its controlled its fine / simply hampers your chances. Which is true?

It annoys me that im practically a perfect candidate initially and because i get a tiny bit of hayfever that i can keep controlled that i cant do something that i've found i'd love to do.
Thanks all.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
See someone about it, see if you can overturn it
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by _Tenacious_
Hey, so i went along to my local RAF career place and i was inquiring about becoming a pilot in the raf. I have 14 GCSE's all A*- C and currently doing A-levels. I have perfect vision, nothing wrong medically but they asked me if i had hayfever. Now i answered honestly - i do, for about a month in summer when rape-seed first comes about. But i take medication for it and im fine. Its very mild aswell.

Apparently that means i cant become an RAF pilot. I didnt see why, because i've looked around and i've heard you can lie / if its controlled its fine / simply hampers your chances. Which is true?

It annoys me that im practically a perfect candidate initially and because i get a tiny bit of hayfever that i can keep controlled that i cant do something that i've found i'd love to do.
Thanks all.

They have hundreds of applicants for every place. They can chose perfect candidates. Deal with it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
some medical conditions can rule you out of some jobs in the armed forces, be it army, RAF, or navy.

e.g. you cannot be in the infantry if you have asthma.

talk to the careers advisor, see if you can become a pilot, if you cant, then have a look at another career in the RAF.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I went to the officer selection board for the RAF a few years ago. Plenty of people get sent home for minor medical conditions (often stuff they didn't know they had)

If you get a prescription then you won't be able to lie about it. It's worth finding out if any of your friends dads are doctors at this stage
all i know about conditions like that is that at high altitudes, the symptoms increase dramatically

e.g. if you have a cold, its 5 times as bad after/during flying, thats why pilots cant fly if theyre ill.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

i always wanted to join the airforce straight out of college to fly. I have perfect vision and can pass all their test perfectly, but i am a diabetic so it sux =/
Quote by metaldud536
That's pretty cool. A UG'er trying to become a fighter pilot.

I had to go back down to MEPS on Thursday to take the DLAB. The guy that drove me was a lieutenant who just graduated from the academy as a pilot. He had so many kickass stories about the academy and flying and all that jazz. Kinda made me want to become a pilot, actually.
You can get an injection once a year that stops hayfever, I've heard of pilots just getting that and not telling the RAF, I was also looking at joining the RAF to become a pilot but don't think i'd be able to deal with killing people if that was what was needed.

If you're flying at 600MPH and at 200ft above houses it'd probably be a bad time to snease.
Tis a shame I can't become a pilot, since I wear glasses, I remember for a while that was all I wanted to do. But, if I do decide to join the forces (which I probably wont) I'd probably join the paratroopers, they interest me more, now. After getting my eyes zapped, though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Tis a shame I can't become a pilot, since I wear glasses, I remember for a while that was all I wanted to do. But, if I do decide to join the forces (which I probably wont) I'd probably join the paratroopers, they interest me more, now. After getting my eyes zapped, though.

You can still fly commercially as long as your sights almost perfect (with glasses).
Right so this injection thing is what exactly?
I have looked at other careers in RAF. I think i would be able to deal with weapon systems management or a nav. But i had my heart set on pilot tbh lol.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.