ok so a major scale goes in WWhWWWh i understand that but how do ypu work out what it would be on the next string

i.e

c maj

----------------------
--------------------01--
-------------0--2------
--0--2--3--------------
3---------------------
----------------------

how would you wok out the dstring in relation to the a string.

or on this pentatonic

----------12---13--15-
13---15-------------
--------------------
------------------------
----------------------
---------------------

how do you know what the e string is in relation to the b string?

When i work this out ishalt rule the world
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
just find the notes that make up the scale on the string that are in the scale. you can play 3 notes to a string if you want to allow for some faster , easier playing.
I have no idea what you're asking, but the C major scale contains the notes C D E F G A B and exists all over the neck. Visit www.wholenote.com and look for the scale-finder under "basics" if you want small patterns.
The formula for a major scale is WWHWWWH. It doesn't matter whether you play this on one string or several, that formula will result in a major scale. For example you could play the entire F major scale on one string (let's say the low E string) and then play the last note on the A string, it doesn't matter so long as you use the formula.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
im asking how do i work the wwhwwwh pattern over the next string
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Quote by wigzwamz
im asking how do i work the wwhwwwh pattern over the next string

do you know what pattern actually signifies? If you do then you should have no problems - just follow that pattern from any instance of the root note and count those steps along.

Remember the pattern DOESN'T have anything to do with the fretboard or the physical positions of things on the guitar, it refers to the the distance between notes in terms of half-tone steps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
All strings are tuned in M4ths except the G to B string, this is tuned in a M3rd.

if you play the 5th fret of the low E string, the 5th fret of the A string is a M4th, Whereas
if you play the 5th fret of the G string the 5th fret of the B string is a M3rd, so to play your M4th you will have to go 1 half step higher on the B string.

I think this is what you're asking but please let us know so we can elaborate.