So I realized my old (and useless) Epiphone SG would be a sweet secondary guitar if I really fixed it up.
It's the one with the cherry red paint and clear-gloss finish.
I'm going to get new tuning knobs, new pickups, and plan to add some personal touch via painting with black stripes going across in an undecided pattern.
or perhaps some meaningful design, or something like that.

any ideas or suggestions?
prices?

and I need help on painting my SG; what would I need to do to paint black stripes?
(the whole process and kinds of paint)
with the painting you'd need to sand off the gloss finish (obviously)
then paint the stripes onto the guitar.

pickups, I'd reccomend Seymour Duncan Zebra pickups (just because they look awesome)
or EMG's because they're so damn fun to play with, but I don't know if thats the right way to go with the Epi SG to be honest.
Just depends on what you are willing to spend on it.

And kluson tuners FTW!
Quote by Perfection 101
Let's be honest... Choosing the worst member of Fall Out Boy is like choosing who you'd most like to be raped by
what inlays does it have?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My other guitar is an ESP LTD EC-1000 with EMG's so I'm thinking of getting something else, for a little variety.
Seymour Duncan's would be pretty dope, how much do you think two humbuckers would cost?

inlays are the trapezoids.

to be honest, I'm a little noob when it comes to customizing guitars, so bear with me.
Replace all the electronics, and put some invaders in that mother. Random ass black stripes could be cool. Or have all the stripes going one way, but have them random sizes and spacing.

OneBlackened, who are going to see? Plasticallicar? Never heard of them,... who was it, Mctacliko? Oh well, I guess they aren't that famous or anything...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by croomekid
inlays are the trapezoids.
Well then, that means it's a G-400, which is actually a 'not bad' guitar, and depending on when it was made, the hardware can be very good...

Look at the serial number. If it starts with 'EE', or the first two numbers are '06', '07' or '08', then it's one of the newer Chinese versions. These have average bodies, but their hardware is great. Good tuners (18:1 Grovers, as good as you can get), locktone stopbar tailpieces, the frets are made of a strong alloy now...

In this case, change the pickups, straplocks, pots, input, have the frets filed, change the nut by all means. But you'd be stupid to change the core hardware.

If the serial number doesn't have 'EE' or the first numbers are '05' or lower (e.g. '04', etc), then that will be one of the older Korean ones. These have much better bodies, necks and general QC, the electronics are a bit better, but the hardware sucks.

In that case, by all means change the tuners, mounting rings, bridge, have the frets redressed, etc, but I wouldn't change the body itself or any of the electonics bar the pickups.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Probably polyurethane of some sort.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.