I bought some Dunlop LOK Straps for my bass and guitar today. My bassist uses them and swears by them so I thought why not, it's only £1.50 a set.

Anyway I got em home and they don't fit over the strap buttons. I've got one on my bass so far, the other won't go on though, and they don't fit on the guitar at all.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does anyone know of a "knack" to get them on?

If it helps, I'm trying to fit them to an Ibanez ICB200 Bass and a BC Rich Metal Master Pack Bronze Series Warlock guitar.

The guitar is less important as I'm replacing it in the next month for a PRS, but I really need to get them on my bass.

Any help?
Quote by guitarheo3
did u replace the buttons with the ones that came with the loks?

No the selling point of the "Strap Lok" system is that you needn't unscrew.

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_7007SI%20Ergo%20Lok%20Strap%20System_-1_10052_10002_-49999441

See. The idea is it slips over the button and then rotates, locking in place.

I can't get it over the button though.
Oh, those strap locks...yeah if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Sorry dude.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Oh, those strap locks...yeah if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Sorry dude.

Damn.

You'd think there'd be more warning.

Anyone know if there's a similar strap system that would fit? Or whether you can get different sizes?
You'll have to go get the ones where you unscrew the buttons and put on new ones. They're like $20 for a set (so that's like, 10 pounds or something)

Oh, you could also get washers and unscrew your buttons, then put the strap under them, then a washer on top, then screw the button back down.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Right...

Anyone know what size these ones do fit (if there is a sizing system for strap buttons).

Just so I can be prepared when my PRS comes.
There's no sizing system, just take the locks to a store and try em out on all the display guitars.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I love thsoe things, absoloutely fantastic, i use them on all my guitars and I really dont believe people pay £20 for something a £1.50 peice of palstic does perfectly well.

You could ts do what i did but with a washer instead of one of these, just unscrew the strap buttons and slip them on then put the strap on, be carefull not to strip the wood in the process (like i did) no worries if you do, nothing a bit of wood glue wont fix.

You more than likely wont need them on the PRS since they buttons are giantly oversized.
Last edited by beckyjc at Sep 27, 2008,