On your fretting hand, would you learn to play the opposite way, or would you quit guitar. I'd definatly learn to fret with my right hand and pick with my left.

This thread came to mind because I just hit my pinky so bad I thought I broke it and was thinking of how i was going to play guitar if it was broke.
I'd use my penis.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Why would I quit guitar.

I'd carry on playing with 3 fingers and everyone would know me for "that awesome guitarist who's missing a finger."
I'd just play without it.
Naturally I would hope it was my little finger as it is the weakest of my fingers and although I do use it, I could probably manage without.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I'd just learn to cope with it. Django Reindhart played with two. TWO!!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG

Didn't stop him.

Or him.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
well you really don't need a thumb to play guitar... so you could play with the other 4.
Quote by ViperScale
well you really don't need a thumb to play guitar... so you could play with the other 4.

1. How do you propose you'd hold the neck?
2. Finger =/= thumb.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Trefellin
Django soloed with just two fingers. I'm not going to quit after losing just one.

beat me to it.
but yeah, im not a puss, id keep on playing. way less work than learning the other way
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by Yngwi3
1. How do you propose you'd hold the neck?
2. Finger =/= thumb.

thumb is a finger....

go try it yourself you can play with hold it with your palm for certain things or just not holding the back at all. (considering you lose the entire thing all the way down to your wrist) It would take some getting used to but it is possible to play without having anything behind the fret pressing back.
Well, I have all of my fingers, but I can't use my middle as it is too painful (Don't ask why, I'm not answering)
And I have adapted well enough, it's not too hard really.
i dont think id quit but i certainly wouldn't be as motivated but i guess if one had to go it would be my pinky
Sig space available, give me some praise
I could get by with any two fingers. Actually chords would be hard, but I play bass too so I could keep with that.
Quote by Yngwi3

Didn't stop him.

Damn, beat me to it.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
i'd lose the pinky
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I would play with 3, if that was to much of a pain I would learn to fret with my right hand. I would never stop playing guitar. If I lost my arms and legs I could still use my face!
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I'm kind've in that situation now! I've broken my middle finger on my playing hand due to stupid ass combat training. I can't even play a basic G Chord! The correct answer is to drink the pain away, and then play while crying.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm a drummer so losing a finger wouldn't make too mych of a difference to me...

As proven by your avatar. Drummers don't need arms.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
for the guy that posted a pic of Tony Iommi, theres a difference, he lost a little bit of his finger, i mean losing the whole thing.

And I just think I use all 4 fingers a lot which is why i'd learn the other way.
Quote by Thepoison92
Well, I have all of my fingers, but I can't use my middle as it is too painful (Don't ask why, I'm not answering)

WHY?
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
As proven by your avatar. Drummers don't need arms.

I wondered when someone would pick-up on that.....

Actually we need just ONE arm...
I definitely wouldn't quit. Depending how much of my finger and which finger it was would determine whether i started playing left handed or just stick a finger cap on my finger. I would not quit under any circumstances. Unless I lost a hand or something.
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
theres this guy with no arms and he plays with his toes. and he is amazing at it.

Worst case scenario I'd do that lol.
id lose the 2nd if i had to lose one, [but yeah keep on playing
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by ViperScale

You don't need your thumb to use a plastic guitar.

Quote by Thepoison92

Why?
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/

Last edited by Noitalevier at Sep 27, 2008,
I'd hate that situation. I play bass, so yes I could probably adapt better than guitarists, but it'd annoy me when I wanted to play some songs, or when playing chords on acoustic.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.