I set my V3 to the 50 watt setting a while ago so that I can crank the volume some more and push the tubes to get a better tone than i was getting on the 100 watt setting

but i'm not sure if it's working, i've been scratching my head about it for a while, because i am still playing with the master volume between 3-5 and the same settings and volume on each channel now with the 50 watt setting as i did with the 100 watt setting, but it's still just as loud

is there something i'm not understanding about the 50 watt setting? it doesnt seem to change the tone or volume at all
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
In terms of volume, 50watts does not cut the volume to half of 100watts. I forgot the exact formula, but to cut the volume of a 100watt amp in half, it's gotta drop below, I think, under 30 watts.

What that setting should do is decrease the amount of clean headroom on the amp, so your tubes would break up earlier than they would at the 100watt setting.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
In terms of volume, 50watts does not cut the volume to half of 100watts. I forgot the exact formula, but to cut the volume of a 100watt amp in half, it's gotta drop below, I think, under 30 watts.

What that setting should do is decrease the amount of clean headroom on the amp, so your tubes would break up earlier than they would at the 100watt setting.

ah, i see..
i DID notice a much more punchy clean tone after i switched it (that i like better)

i was mistaken, i thought that the 50 watt setting only used two tubes to get a better tone AND bring the volume down, now i know it's just to get a better tone

thanks bro!
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
You need 10 times less wattage = 1/2 vol, on the contrary twice as much vol = 10 times more wattage.

so if you wanted half the vol of a 100 watt, you'd need a 10 watt.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups