hi there,

someone knows where I can find any info regarding the topic title?

any movie, pdf manual ... something!!! i want to replace my amp tubes myself when the time comes :S
It's not hard.

Turn off amp.
Let caps drain (no clue how long it would take).
Pull out old tubes.
Install new tubes.

The tubes are in sockets, so you can just pull them out and pop some new ones in.
be sure to put them in the correct order though. I don't remember what that is... =\
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
If you have to ask, don't do it!

Tube amps have lethal voltages if you do something wrong.

It won't cost too much to have someone do it properly either.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by mck_776
If you have to ask, don't do it!

Tube amps have lethal voltages if you do something wrong.

It won't cost too much to have someone do it properly either.

well, I think I'll be able to do it myself if someone tells me how to do it properly!!! everyone has to learn sometime ...
Capacitors inside the amp. They have a 'bleeder' wired to them that after a certain amound of time (not sure how long) will drain the current out of the caps. This makes it safe to wokr inside the amp.
www.google.com

^^^ Took me about 15 WHOLE seconds to find the answer to your question using the above link ^^^
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Quote by MeanwiththeDean
www.google.com

^^^ Took me about 15 WHOLE seconds to find the answer to your question using the above link ^^^

yep, but truth is that I trust more ppl comments here than in some random website
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
Capacitors inside the amp. They have a 'bleeder' wired to them that after a certain amound of time (not sure how long) will drain the current out of the caps. This makes it safe to wokr inside the amp.

so I guess that after 1 days leaving the amp unplugged it will be safe to handle it? id use gloves anyway :S
If it has bleeder resistors in it (they slowly pull the charge out of the caps and to ground) [and it does], yeah, probably.

Tubes are mounted on top of the chassis inside the cabinet. You won't be poking around its guts. Just turn the amp off, wait awhile, take the cabinet off, pull out the old tubes, and put in the new ones.

BAM. Done.

Think about it:

If something as routine as changing tubes was deadly, don't you think the manufacturer would keep in mind that most users will try to replace their own tubes to save money on tech fees and therefore HAVE to make it safe to do, or else they'd get their asses sued off?
Quote by Invader Jim
If something as routine as changing tubes was deadly, don't you think the manufacturer would keep in mind that most users will try to replace their own tubes to save money on tech fees and therefore HAVE to make it safe to do, or else they'd get their asses sued off?

LOL, true
u should wear gloves like u said, dont touch the new valves with u´re hands or any type of skin
Player Viewer and wut ??
Heck.. you don't even need to turn the amp off to replace the preamp tubes. You could swap 'em out on the fly. Wouldn't recommend it though, who knows what would happen.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Heck.. you don't even need to turn the amp off to replace the preamp tubes. You could swap 'em out on the fly. Wouldn't recommend it though, who knows what would happen.

death?