Today I went to a local music store with some friends to pass the time, and happened upon the Washburn DD61, the black and silver Dan Donegan signature model with a Washburn LFR. Now, seeing as I really like Disturbed, I was somewhat reluctant to try it out, figuring that I'd find it better then it really was because Donegan is one of my favorite guitarists. However, I finally decided to try it out, and it felt amazing. Washburns, in general, I just find so much more comfortable then anything else (especially anything V-shaped. Is it even humanly possible to play it sitting down?)

However, there are just a few things I want to know about it. I realize that the stock pickups are nowhere near amazing, they're bearable, but still lacking, at least imo. What would you suggest I swap the pups for if I get it? Passives preferably because I'd rather not going routing into the body. Also, it has a Washburn LFR. Are these of decent quality? If not, how much work would it require to swap it out for an OFR?

The guitar is about $400, so it's going to be lacking in terms of parts, but I really like the feel of it enough to go about swapping the parts.

Don't worry about amp, I'm going to be getting a new one, probably a Randall or a Bugera.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
You can play a V sitting down, u gotta put ur right leg in at the bottem where the v splits u know, pretty much like classical, thatll work,for the pickups i suggest some seymore duncans probably more of a good sound, or if ur into actives put in some emgs, i prefer emgs i have them in both my guitars, sounds great, and u dont have to change the battery out as much as people say u do, iv had my dean with emgs for like 2 years and i havent even changed the battery, its all personal choice tho bud
might i suggest getting EMG's passive H1 and an H4 pickup?
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

I honestly haven't heard great things about the passive EMGs and I really haven't come across many guitars that stores near me stock that actually have them as stock pickups. It's not that I don't wanna have to change the battery constantly, which I know for a fact isn't true, one battery should last at least half a year, it's just it comes with passives and I don't want to have to rout into it to install the battery box.

As for the V, I still don't think I could ever get use to using them XD

The LFR is still one of the biggest concerns I have though.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
well u dont have to rout anything if u put actives in, when i got emgs for my dean, all i had to do was put he wire through where he tone and volume pots are and theres enough room in here for the battery to sit, so u dont actually need to cut ur guitar up to put it in. and some LFRs are good, some are bad, the one on my dean works well , never had a problem, only when changing string gauges and shit put its no big deal just screw or unscrew the screws in the back of it, from what iv heared some cutting may be required to install and OFR but it all really depends on the dimensions of the hole already where the LFR is at.
Ok, thanks for the input so far guys. I'm just getting back now, I was out to dinner with my family. Excellent restaurant haha.

Anyway, I always thought you had to put a battery box for actives. I never knew you could put it into to control panel or whatever you want to call it.

I'm still looking for some testimonials about the Washburn LFRs. Like it's been said, some are good, some are bad, and I'm hoping these aren't the bad ones ^.^
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
I did a little research and think the pups on the DD61 might be Egnater pups. Anyone know anything about them?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Washburn LFR's are actually not terrible. My KC-42 has a W-600 bridge in it, and it holds up up well enough. Stays in tune well too.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
never heared of those kinda pickups, probably just the name of the stock washburn from the factory. Yeah iv played a couple deans , dimebag sig series ones, and i found them to be pretty good, but i havent changed strings or messed with them, just played and used it but stayed in tune when i dive bombed and all that junk.