Ok so im writing a paper about how the media portriats musicians and the negative messages that they send to our youth and need an article talking about how musicians negativly effect our society. IF anyone knows of any good articles or anything on the web PLEASE send me the link. Also if you no of any politicians that have stood up against musicians or music in general just let me know who they are and i'll research them Thanks!
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Well, people who make rock music, which is inherently satanic, are attempting to turn our children away from Christ.

But seriously. Musicians don't have a negative impact on society.

People who think of themselves as musicians and make shitty music have a negative impact on my ears. That's about it.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Al Gore's wife.
"I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting."
I no that musicians dont have a negative impact on our society but the media views them as having a negative message and thats what im getting at
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
"know"

Didn't that Lieberman guy bash rock music?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Just write about Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty.

There. Paper done. Just google those.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
guitar hero
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
The thing about 'emo' a while ago in the daily fail, and they were on at Marilyn Manson fans before that.

The rap thing is an obvious thing to pick up on.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Search here and you will find something... The Daily Mail is all for bashing music...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
For a long time, Maralyn Manson was seen as "bad for society" by the media. He probably still is seen that way.

Honestly, just wait for a story on a musician to come up on Fox News, lol.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
There was an article not to long ago that blamed Slipknot for a school incident. The kid listened to Slipknot and supposedly it was the "satanic" messages in the songs that drove him to do it.

But seriously. Musicians don't have a negative impact on society.

People who think of themselves as musicians and make shitty music have a negative impact on my ears. That's about it.

yupyup my thoughts exactly
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
what about the whole bill o'reilly vs. nas thing? o'reilly was all pissed off because nas preformed at viginia tech and he had a weapons charge on his record from 10 years previous or something.

also pete doherty is a good idea.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1569047/20070906/nas.jhtml
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5589/title.bill-oreilly-criticizes-nas
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Sep 27, 2008,
**** em alllllllllll who whine about heavy metal, people obviously have problems in the head if they do some of the stupid shit they do, not because of metal......ARGHHHHH!
what i need is someone of authority like a president, politician, etc bashing music or musicians. Does anyone know of maynard james keennan or marilyn manson being bashing by someone of authority due to lyrics or something?
Quote by pearlJam_31490
what i need is someone of authority like a president, politician, etc bashing music or musicians. Does anyone know of maynard james keennan or marilyn manson being bashing by someone of authority due to lyrics or something?

It's called.. censoring
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
There was something written immediately after Dimebag died (don't worry I'm not a fanboy) that was highly critical of him, accusing him of being a poor excuse for a musician etc. I can't remember who wrote it, but it inspired the Machine Head song "Aesthetics Of Hate". Look that up.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
There was something written immediately after Dimebag died (don't worry I'm not a fanboy) that was highly critical of him, accusing him of being a poor excuse for a musician etc. I can't remember who wrote it, but it inspired the Machine Head song "Aesthetics Of Hate". Look that up.

Someone posted it on the first page I think....

MC name = Bearrorism
Thanks guys im using William Grim as an example of how he bashed Dimebag and all fans during that generation