hi guys i bought gr 3 the other day,everythings plugged in but no sound is coming out,ive mucked aroud with soundcard setting and everything looks ok,it is an older sound card and im thinking that my be the culprit,any ideas until i get back to the shop monday... thx
Have you installed the ASIO drivers?

If you have go to:

File > Audio and Midi settings

And make sure the interface is set to ASIO
first of all you need to make sure you connected your guitar to the line in and at the mic in.
also do you have sound without guitar rig? You should hear your guitar even outside the program. If you are and the only problem is in guitar rig 3 you need Asio4all drivers. Download them and install them.
Then at the preferences of guitar rig 3 select asio input and you are good to go.
Other possible problems. Bad jack. I had that problem and used another and then worked.
Line in is muted. Unmute it.
I would like to inform you that some soundcards can't work with asio drivers so you need to change your soundcard. A cheap Audigy 2 will work.
Can't think of anything else right now.
I hope I helped.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
If you plugged your guitar into line in make sure "Line In" is selected in windows recording control. On the Windows Volume Control go options -> properties, select recording, OK, the recording panel will appear. Check the line in box, windows has it set to microphone by default. This stumps A LOT of people.
I broke my G string fingering A minor
thx guys i will try those suggestions,would the asio drivers come with guitar rig installation or do i have to search for them myself?
Quote by austhrax
thx guys i will try those suggestions,would the asio drivers come with guitar rig installation or do i have to search for them myself?

No asio with GR3. ASIO comes on sound cards like creative and sound cards geared for audio recording. If your sound card doesn't have asio, search google for 'asio4all' and install that.
awesome,i'll try it on another computer,it has a decent soundcard,thx heaps guys,we are starting a band of sorts i will post some clips when we work this stuff out.
Quote by austhrax
awesome,i'll try it on another computer,it has a decent soundcard,thx heaps guys,we are starting a band of sorts i will post some clips when we work this stuff out.

Sufficient CPU and RAM for running the software is the only issue imo. Anything under 3ghz and 1gb of RAM is pushing it. I have asio4all working with GR2/3 and Fruity Loops on a 4-5 year old comp with onboard sound on a cheap asus motherboard and get like 2ms latency.

I think it's mainly 5.1 & 7.1 cards it has issues with.
ive done evrything but i think its the soundcard thats ****ed,wont even give me option in voulme menu other than c media for input and output...