Page 1 of 2
anyone who wants to play hardcore amazing metal use this tuning...its my version of drop c

d
a
f
c
g
d
Is it already used in some songs from bands ?
Link plz so we have an idea what it sounds like...
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
You're a ****ing idiot, that's a step down. There's also no C in there so it's not drop C anyway.

Noob.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
You're a ****ing idiot, that's a step down. There's also no C in there so it's not drop C anyway.

Noob.

Well... there is a C. It's the 4th string. NOOB. But still, that's just D standard.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
R u new to guitar or something?

But if ur not, u fail.
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
[facepalm]I've been banned for posting a few times before just for being an ass... but I must say, this kid needs banned for being an idiot[/facepalm]
look up some facts next time because you just made yourself very stupid,besides many bands already use this and alot go even lower to B and i have heard some viking metal played in A
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
uhm, hate to burst your bubble and all...but this has an official name. It's called D standard.

this

and to u TS
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Quote by one987654321
look up some facts next time because you just made yourself very stupid,besides many bands already use this and alot go even lower to B and i have heard some viking metal played in A

Even more mainstream bands like Slipknot have played in some sort of A tuning.
Quote by druggietoad2k5

Noob.

THIS!
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
its my version of drop c dumbassses regular drop c is

d
a
f
c
g
c

mine has the lowest c changed for a d so i use power chords instead of barre chords its like drop d except down a step retards
Quote by MrArgo

d
a
f
c
g
c

mine has the lowest c changed for a d so i use power chords instead of barre chords its like drop d except down a step retards

Drop C with the low C tuned to D is standard one step down.

Please give up and sell your guitar on ebay.
lol @ this thread
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Just to help clear things up with this kid...

Standard Tuning- EADGBe
Whole Step down- DGCFAd
Drop C Tuning- CGCFAD
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I don't think I know of any hardcore bands that use this..... And downtuning is nothing revolutionary, dude.

just to name a few bands or artists that use drop tunings,Pantera,Lamb of God,Slipknot,Steve Vai,Ozzy,Zakk Wylde,Black Label Society,Kill Switch Engage,System of a Down,Shadows Fall, Amon Amarth,Alice In Chains,Buckethead,Children of Bodom,Damageplan,Dethklok,Sepultura,The Sword,Trivium,etc,etc.
Quote by MrArgo

d
a
f
c
g
c

The first problem with this statement, is that it is not YOUR tuning. This is very common tuning. Nothing unique to you. It is not your version of anything. It is a real tuning. The second problem is, it's still a powerchord no matter what shap you have to use to play it. A drop-tuning powerchord is not the same as a barre chord. Third, there is nobody here that doesn't know what drop c is, so don't try to explain it while callng people retards. You only showed them who the most likely retard is.
Quote by one987654321
just to name a few bands or artists that use drop tunings,Pantera,Lamb of God,Slipknot,Steve Vai,Ozzy,Zakk Wylde,Black Label Society,Kill Switch Engage,System of a Down,Shadows Fall, Amon Amarth,Alice In Chains,Buckethead,Children of Bodom,Damageplan,Dethklok,Sepultura,The Sword,Trivium,etc,etc.

I was refering specifically to D standard, and to hardcore bands. Not downtuning in general with any band. The only bands I know who use it are Cradle Of Filth, Motley Crue, and occasionally The Human Abstract. None of which are hardcore bands.
Quote by Ekofu
Even more mainstream bands like Slipknot have played in some sort of A tuning.

They used drop A for one song. Drop C for one. Standard for one. DADGAD for one. And the rest all drop b.
Quote by MrArgo

d
a
f
c
g
c

Yeah just, stop trying to defend yourself, that hole you're in is getting deeper and deeper
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
The first problem with this statement, is that it is not YOUR tuning. This is very common tuning. Nothing unique to you. It is not your version of anything. It is a real tuning. The second problem is, it's still a powerchord no matter what shap you have to use to play it. A drop-tuning powerchord is not the same as a barre chord. Third, there is nobody here that doesn't know what drop c is, so don't try to explain it while callng people retards. You only showed them who the most likely retard is.

THIS.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
They used drop A for one song. Drop C for one. Standard for one. DADGAD for one. And the rest all drop b.

which one did they use standard for???
obvious troll is obvious

if not...unleash Le Pear
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Will it help me whammy without a whammy bar?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
d standard is for pussies real men have 8 strins and tune them down a step to e standard da da daaa
sounds scary

but yeah that is just d standard is a fairly basic tuning used by many bands including metallica in some songs
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Guys I just came up wth this new idea called a chord
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Page 1 of 2