Page 1 of 2
So im starting this thing, just for the hell of it, of kinda signing a dollar bill (not meant for spending, im even gonna cross out the serial number thing so it cant be used), just leaving your mark on it, maybe your myspace for myspace *****s, phone number? youtube channel? chwhatever, chanyway, seeing how far this dollar bill can get, how many people can sign it, maybe even how many countries it can go through before someone even gets it back.

What are the legalities of this? i know its defacing american currency, but its not intended to be spent ever again. and if it was sent through the mail, will someone try to steal it, even though its not spendable? someones stole $8 from someone mailing it to me once...

Any information on this? legalities, interests...
Quote by HelloHalo
I think if I crap my pants in public, I'll just simply stand up (if I'm not already standing), announce "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just defecated in my pants. Good day to you all."

And walk out.

/lame, blatant attempt to get sigged.
Original idea. i like it.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Ripping up a dollar bill into little shreds and pooping on it is more defacing than that, and it is legal. It is your money - it doesn't matter what you do with it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
its just for the hell of it, just seeing how far itd go.
Quote by HelloHalo
I think if I crap my pants in public, I'll just simply stand up (if I'm not already standing), announce "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just defecated in my pants. Good day to you all."

And walk out.

Cum on the dollar bill... THATS leaving a mark..

>_>
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Don't leave a mark that can lead authorities back to you like a phone number. Put some kind of secret code that only you know and spend it, then check ever bill that comes through you to see if it's in there.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ripping up a dollar bill into little shreds and pooping on it is more defacing than that, and it is legal. It is your money - it doesn't matter what you do with it.

I don't think thats true, but I can't find anything that says otherwise.
It wouldn't make sense if it were true.
I get money at Burger King that's written on all the time, and managers never tell me it's illegal. :
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
*idea stolen*
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by Artemis Entreri
there's that dollar bill tracker...tracks every place it was spent...

this isnt meant to be reused ever again though, the numbers even gonna be crossed out.
Quote by HelloHalo

And walk out.

Quote by Lin
*idea stolen*

*does it really quick before you can do it*
Quote by HelloHalo

And walk out.

it is a waste, but i wrote boner on the back and it went through horribly (i used a big sharpie) and highly doubt its spendable now.
Quote by HelloHalo

And walk out.

hmm i don't think you can make the dollar unspendable unless you were to burn / rip it up.
Do this to 100's of dollar bills, proceed to make a ridiculous purchase with said bills.

Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Put a pokemon on it. Spend it then every UGer that gets it should put a new pokemon on it and spend it.

Now that would be kickass. Especially if it ends up in the hands of someone who created the characters.
its illegal to deface money, which is exactly what you are doing, but i live in canada, so maybe its diff for you
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Do It! One dollar is nothing.

I engraved a 10p Coin and drilled a hole, made a necklace at work! Now everyones doing it ha.
You know Rage Against The Machine? On the cover booklet in their fourth album, Renegades, there was a whole little story about writing on money. Apparently RATM would write messages like "You Are Not A Slave", "Fight The System", "Money Is Worthless" etc on notes and then discreetly use them. People would get the note and read it=uplift/rage.
Profit.
I'm Sam
Quote by Chozz
Do It! One dollar is nothing.

I engraved a 10p Coin and drilled a hole, made a necklace at work! Now everyones doing it ha.

I made some strap locks out of 10p coins once, drill a hole in the middle of it, take out the normal strap pins, lay the strap on the guitar so that the hole in the leathery bit at the end is where the screw for the strap pin goes and screw the 10p coin down.

Work's a treat.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I have yet to receive a Boner dollar that I wrote on, and I had fifty of them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Can't you just say you received a dollar bill that was defaced? How would there ever be a way to prove it was you who defaced it?
I reckon everyone should write something small in a certain place of every note they have, then go and spend them and see if another UGer gets it.

Imagine the excitement of getting some money and reading that it says "UREH" with a UGer's username next to it.

That would be godly.
Would be cool if it works, but if you got a dollar with a signiture on it, would you reply?
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
It' gonna eat into the economy (not much, depends on how bitchy the laws are), so I doubt it's legal. But I know in the UK it is illegal to deface money if it prevents its use.
Quote by darkstar2466

Unfortunately, that is just as illegal as writing on it, regardless of what the medium is.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by the1
It' gonna eat into the economy (not much, depends on how bitchy the laws are), so I doubt it's legal. But I know in the UK it is illegal to deface money if it prevents its use.

No one really seems to care about how money looks where I'm from.
I put a pen in my pocket once and it went all over a £10 note (I didn't have a wallet that day, of all the days.), and like two thirds of the note was covered in sticky blue ink. I went and spent it and they accepted it.

Maybe a signature of something like the guy said, wouldn't be too noticeable unless you looked really hard...

EDIT - Or the indian guy in the shop I gave the money to was blind.
That's probably more likely, he was like 9000 years old.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Oct 3, 2008,
Writing, shredding or folding currency bills is illegal in Canada, at least.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
put " /0 "

under all the 1's on the bill. Then spend it!

*hides in anti-universe-implosion-capsule*
Quote by xTrueTillDeathx
maybe even how many countries it can go through before someone even gets it back.

why would a dollar bill go through different countries?
Quote by JeanMi36
folding currency bills is illegal in Canada

How do you put them in your wallet/pocket? Unless you have massive pockets where all of the bills can stay unfolded
Page 1 of 2