I want to make sure I'm not full of myself.

Please rate the guitar solo in my Country Girl mp3. The solo is from 2:11 - 2:22.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/xHellbound/music/all/play398487

I think it's a good solo in general and captures the feel of the CD version and live version of the actual song. It was improvised (1st try). And without knowing it, the slow 5 note lick at 2:18 is on the CD version.

You can rate it in the thread if you like, since I'm just asking about the solo.
Quote by zian615
Sounds recklessly messy to me. Don't know how you want it rated, but I'll give it 4/10 for technique, 6/10 for tone.

Seconded, pretty sloppy.
Quote by SynApsIS
Seconded, pretty sloppy.

i concur... i just gotta add... if you got a metronome use it. your music will thank you
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Quote by TenaciousLSD
i concur... i just gotta add... if you got a metronome use it. your music will thank you

Thanks guys.

I'm self-taught, so I have no idea how to use a metronome, lol. I'd probably play exactly the same, except my phrasing might be a little more on time.

Also, I can see why it's sloppy, I tremolo picked mostly the whole thing, cause it just didn't sound right with hammer/pulls.
I can tell your self taught.. seems like there is point at which the self taught player plateaus after they get used to the minor penatonic scale. But it doesn't have to be that way, I am also self taught yet I have progressed quite well over the years. I would suggest that you learn some Modes and other scales. It really opens a lot of doors for potential.