Gibson stock 490R and 490T to Gibson '57 Classic and '57 Classic plus upgrade worth it?

I have a Gibson SG special Faded Worn Brown with stock 490R/490T Pickups.

I use it on a B-52 AT-112 all tube 60 watt combo (of which the head version, the AT-100, is frequently called the "poor man's Mesa Triple). I love this amp cuz it gives me ALL THE TONE I NEED AT AN AMAZING PRICE!

Here it is for reference

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

NOW, I am planning on upgrading the 490's to '57 Classics for my birthday in Feb, but is it worth it. I mean, will it be an immediately noticeable tone improvement?

Thanks
Why do you want to change them is the question you need to answer.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Haven't played on the 490R/T's but I swapped out from a 496R/500T to a 57/57+ and there was an immediate and very noticeable change in tone. In my book, much better, more depth, more low end, tighter response and more musical mids but plenty of people like the scooped high output sound of modern pickups so it's a subjective matter of taste.
Well to be hones I want it to sound as much like the SG '61 Reissue as possible. (which has 57/57+)
Quote by gpowsang
Well to be hones I want it to sound as much like the SG '61 Reissue as possible. (which has 57/57+)

You need to be able to quantify your tone to be able to make an educated pickup choice, it's not enough to say " I want to sound like x". You need to be able to analyze your tone currently and pinpoint what it is in particular you aren't happy with and how you'd like it to be different.

I wouldn't bother with the Gibson pickups anyway, they're overpriced, but if you want a more vintage-type tone as opposed to the more modern voicing of the current pickups then get a pair of Duncan Pearly Gates.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

well if ur asking that way, I want my pickups to give out a great clean tone, but at the same time a massive crunchy tone wen i put on the gain. So id say i want more gain output overall, while maintaining a great tone on the clean channel

Thanks again
yeahh, the 490s blow, they are hot but dont have any clarity for shit
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
yeahh, the 490s blow, they are hot but dont have any clarity for shit
Compare to your average rock humbucker, they're not even too hot.

If I recall correctly, they're only about 8K a piece.
Quote by gpowsang
well if ur asking that way, I want my pickups to give out a great clean tone, but at the same time a massive crunchy tone wen i put on the gain. So id say i want more gain output overall, while maintaining a great tone on the clean channel

Thanks again

Then you don't want 57 classics at all - look at a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge and a 59 in the neck.

And you don't get both things from one pickup, you get it from the guitar as a whole, so the bridge pickup is what you use for your higher gain tones and the neck is better for softer and cleaner tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc