Page 1 of 2
hmmm... what if it's shortened?

like say, make a new bassline for song X? White Stripes would be easy to do. who can be creative with it?

I see little one recording contests doing well. everyone seems to get their first recording done...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I agree with the humanity, shortening it would be easier for everyone. One recording (please not White Stripes ) and then decision who got it best would be easy and efficient
Won't work. This entire thing was originally my brainchild, with the help of Harley (haven't seen that cat around here in a while) it got going. The first one failed miserably. The next hundred or so failed miserably. The only way to shorten it would be to only allow a handful of "competitors". And even with just 4-5 "competitors" it still won't work. Trust me. It's a great concept, it'll just never happen.
If it was real life in a class or something, where you could actually pressure someone to do it, it might work out, but this is just the internet. School, work, family, and a slew of other things take precedent in people's lives. Can you blame them?
Mod #2 chiming in here. Bumper's right.

I know we all sound cynical but they just don't ever keep up enough steam to make it to the final round. Never.
I was thinking instead of making a basswar again why dont we do a song with all the regulars in the bass forum that could be fun like We are the world but with bass players from the bass forum
I won't give too much input on the Bass Wars thing, seeing as how I might have been the guy who killed the last round.

But it would be cool to have a bassist compilation. And if we did that, we could just replace somebody who missed their deadline. Let's explore Giaco's idea a bit more, eh?
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
indeed. I like this. I'll lay down a pocket if you want, let you all go on that.

Mr. Tam for drummer!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Don't make me do it.

Cos I will.

And Ben? I would have kicked your arse.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Instead of having a bass wars, why not make a thread where people post their recordings (limit one) and judge the best one at the annual bass awards. Maybe different genres? I don't know. It would work if it was stickied...
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
Quote by SomeGuyInJersey
Instead of having a bass wars, why not make a thread where people post their recordings (limit one) and judge the best one at the annual bass awards. Maybe different genres? I don't know. It would work if it was stickied...

I think it might get extensive... but it might work...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by WhyLater
I won't give too much input on the Bass Wars thing, seeing as how I might have been the guy who killed the last round.

But it would be cool to have a bassist compilation. And if we did that, we could just replace somebody who missed their deadline. Let's explore Giaco's idea a bit more, eh?

yeah we can make like a very bassic bass line then we start jamming on that bassline it would be cool
Quote by the humanity
indeed. I like this. I'll lay down a pocket if you want, let you all go on that.

Mr. Tam for drummer!

I don't know how to play drums....
Quote by Bumper

sorry.

I forgot.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Bumper

But I love you nonetheless Bumper....

I forgot you were one of the first founders of Bass Wars....
Quote by anarkee
But I love you nonetheless Bumper....

I forgot you were one of the first founders of Bass Wars....

Yeah, I've done a lot for this rotten forum, and still I get no respect....no respect.

/rodneydangerfield
Quote by SomeGuyInJersey
Maybe different genres?

definetly, or at least different techniques. It's too hard to judge between, say, amazing slap bass and amazing fingerstyle (you guys will argue with me, but I feel it's too subjective)
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I think the idea itself would work if we nominated one song for each genre, and had people record their own bass lines over a studio version of the song, and the most creative and sonically pleasing rendition won. An example of this would be if we chose "One" by Metallica for metal. The bass practically isn't audible, and there is a lot of room for improvisation during the cleans. We could let people post their renditions of this song and THAT SONG ONLY for the category of metal, and judge them at the end of a very specific deadline. That's the only way I can see bass wars working, with covers of songs that are easy to improvise over.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I think the idea itself would work if we nominated one song for each genre, and had people record their own bass lines over a studio version of the song, and the most creative and sonically pleasing rendition won. An example of this would be if we chose "One" by Metallica for metal. The bass practically isn't audible, and there is a lot of room for improvisation during the cleans. We could let people post their renditions of this song and THAT SONG ONLY for the category of metal, and judge them at the end of a very specific deadline. That's the only way I can see bass wars working, with covers of songs that are easy to improvise over.

Well, I think that's a great idea except for the existing song part. If the person running Bass Wars (or whoever) recorded guitar and drum tracks for each genre, and then different bassists put their own bassline to it, I think that would be better.

Maybe that's just me, I just don't like the idea of making my own bassline to a song that already has one. But yeah, I think you've got the idea.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

Yeah it just doesn't work. All I got was an inbox full of excuses. I felt like a school-teacher trying to get homework out of a bunch of lazy kids

It seemed unfair to those who had said they would record and did, only to have their opponent(s) not bother.
Last edited by smb at Sep 29, 2008,
I was thinking instead of making a tournament of which plays better than the other why don´t we make a bass album like the guitar players did like a couple of months ago it could be fun we put some of our song then we can make a song together
Quote by thegiaco2112
I was thinking instead of making a tournament of which plays better than the other why don´t we make a bass album like the guitar players did like a couple of months ago it could be fun we put some of our song then we can make a song together

No yeah I'm still digging this idea. We'd be like G3, but more like Bdozen-or-so.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

Quote by WhyLater
No yeah I'm still digging this idea. We'd be like G3, but more like Bdozen-or-so.

yeah well it would be cool the idea I was thinking was a very cool bassline and jammin on that riff the thing is gettin organize with the song
Quote by WhyLater

We'd be like BX3 No seriously giaco has a great idea there...
I'd love to see this be successful as anyone but I just feel like your Bx12 may end up being B ÷ 0. Sinan90 tried this a ways back. Sad to say I was one of the issues then, because life got in the way of recording and then my recording system crapped out.
well I think we can make a good job I have high hopes on this project, I have a bassline that I have been working with the humanity we can work with that bassline its called something bassic if you wanna hear it its on my profile

off topic: Tam, why the avatar with the evil witch from Sleeping Beauty xD ?
Last edited by thegiaco2112 at Sep 29, 2008,
Lol--we did one of those quizzes at work "What Disney Character are you". Yes, I scored as Malificent, the evil witch from Sleeping Beauty. The last avatar was Isadora Duncan, who several people found disturbing, so I figured I'd change it to something more attunded to Halloween (one of my favourite holidays).
on mine too.

sorry I haven't gotten my line down for it. but you guys can definitely use it.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by anarkee
Lol--we did one of those quizzes at work "What Disney Character are you". Yes, I scored as Malificent, the evil witch from Sleeping Beauty. The last avatar was Isadora Duncan, who several people found disturbing, so I figured I'd change it to something more attunded to Halloween (one of my favourite holidays).

yeah halloween its a cool holyday even though in Venezuela dont celebrate it like in Usa
Page 1 of 2