I'm getting a valveking 112 tomorrow. Wondering if i should use my metal muff or get an OD pedal of some sort.

New to tube amps, so I'm not sure what will give me better tone, Metal Muff in the clean channel or an OD Pedal with the gain up pretty high on the distortion channel of the amp.

I play fairly high gain stuff, with the metal muff's gain around noon currently.

The obvious choice is a Maxon OD808, but I've heard clips of a Digitech Bad Monkey OD with the VK and loved the tone.

Sorry If i sound nooby. thanks for the help.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
just adjust the gain knob with the added gain button or something like that. it can get pretty distorted on its own. just try what sounds best.

if you do want an OD pedal i heard amazing things about the Bad monkey as well.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
The gain should be enough for what you need. The only reason you'd use a Bad Monkey is to tighten up the sound or offer a solo boost.

So: to tighten, put the drive/gain of the pedal on 0, and crank the level. Chugga Chugga Chugga.
Play around with the solo boost idea as you feel led.

And you can always use the Muff on the clean if you feel like it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by marktuazon
just adjust the gain knob with the added gain button or something like that. it can get pretty distorted on its own. just try what sounds best.

Cool, I'm gonna try it for the second time tomorrow at gc, just wondering if it needs an any extra distortion. didn't really get a good chance to try it the first time.

but from some demos i've heard it's got enough gain. Pretty sure about getting an od, cuz CHUGGA is my middle name lol. The Bad Monkey is so much cheaper, is the maxon or ibanez one's any better?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Sep 27, 2008,