Page 1 of 2
What member or members of a band do you think should get replaced?

It could be by you, another famous musician, or their spot in the band is not needed.
Last edited by Graveworm at Sep 27, 2008,
searchbar? maybe?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Kirk from metallica, he's slacked off so bad for the past 10 years and is really sloppy live, and none of the new solos from the new album are good at all, except for JAMES'S solo in the instrumental.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by lolcats
You.

By someone with better grammar/thread making skills.

Inb4wut

I'm not a band, you idiot.
Quote by Graveworm

No, but you could be IN a band
James Labrie for Bruce Dickinson.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Replace all the members of Fall Out Boy with Metallica!

And vise versa .

Then see what happens............
Jamie Cook from Arctic Monkeys by me. My sister had a dream about that apparently, and she's been known to have what you would almost have to call premonitions. Premonitions about pointless and trivial stuff mostly. But hey... here's hoping

EDIT: Jamie Cook is OK, I just think I could do a better job
Quote by Graveworm

Quote by B. Joe
No, but you could be IN a band

Quote by Graveworm
I'm not.

But you COULD be.
Quote by TunerAddict
+1

What is holding you back TS?

I live in a urban hip hop area.
Quote by Graveworm
I live in a urban hip hop area.

So jizzle the shizzle in the neighour-hizzle!
Quote by lolcats

hey TS

didnt your mom call the cops on you the other day?

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Quote by lolcats

OMG me and my friends say shit like that all the time, but I've never once seen anyone else do it...I never cease to be amazed at what happens in this damn place

This pizzle f ucking rizzles!

and on topic...Um Three Days Grace's Guitarist(god do I hate him) by Oliver Herbert of All That Remains (then TDG would finally be decent)
Lars Ulrich. 'Cause he's a dick. C'mon, Kirk isn't that bad is he?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd replace Matt Sorum with Steven Adler, Dave Kushner with Izzy Stradlin and add Axl Rose (since VR currently has no singer)
Quote by Conehead
hey TS

didnt your mom call the cops on you the other day?

Yeah, becuase your mom was screaming so loud in my bedroom while I was giving her private "lessons."
replace lars and kirk... sad to say now that kirk used to be my hero
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Hmm, can't think of any band replacements per se.

I would replace any of the back-up dancers for a pop singer. With myself. Because I am a dang fine dancer and look good in sunglasses
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Replace all of Metallica except James with musicians who can play their instruments and aren't asshats.

Replace Pete Wentz with an actual bassist.

Replace the Jonas Brothers with Manowar. Just for the hell of it.
If you are reading this, then it would seem that you're either too busy with this sig with nothing in it to finish reading the thread or there are no posts left in the thread to read.
Psh, Kirk is fine, he stays. Get rid of Lars because he pisses everyone potential friend off and his drumming is so average and uninteresting as of now. I know no one is gonna agree, but I'm a bit turned off by James' singing. I know he's getting old and can't sing like he used to... but it's painful watching him struggle to scream when they play older songs. He's a godly rhythm player and a pretty good singer when it comes to the new stuff, but Metallica isn't Metallica with out the thrashy vocals we were all used to (if you pretend that the last 18 years didn't happen.)
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by rockfan7
Replace all the members of Fall Out Boy with Metallica!

And vise versa .

Then see what happens............

They'd both still be shithouse
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

I haven't been on UG in ages... I miss you guys

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
new singer for velvet revolver should be sebastian bach

metallica - hetfield and trujillo have to go!!
I wouldn't really replace anybody, but if I had my way, a young Robert Plant would sing for Rush and Geddy would be delegated solely to bass/keys duties.

And I'd replace Craig Bartock from Heart with me.
Quote by GrandeAcure
I'd replace Matt Sorum with Steven Adler, Dave Kushner with Izzy Stradlin and add Axl Rose (since VR currently has no singer)

So basically you would remake the original guns n roses but they wouldnt be called guns n roses
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by SpellCaster

Wut? Bruces singing style doesnt match the style of DT, at all.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Graveworm
Yeah, becuase your mom was screaming so loud in my bedroom while I was giving her private "lessons."

LAME

you give a bad name to us 08's

seriously who makes mom-sex jokes anymore like that.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Replace myself with Kirk Hammett for one BIG show, it would be historical, a female lead guitarist jamming with Metallica. It would be so ****ing cool.
Quote by SpellCaster

Well if that's not the dumbest post I've read all night.

Dream Theater would profit massively from NO lead singer. LaBrie is (kindasorta) good and all, but he's just that random flourish. He's the least talented and least needed member of the band.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Well if that's not the dumbest post I've read all night.

Dream Theater would profit massively from NO lead singer. LaBrie is (kindasorta) good and all, but he's just that random flourish. He's the least talented and least needed member of the band.

I know! Sometimes I turn DT off just because I'm sick of hearing him sing the same way over and over. If they we're strictly intrumental, I might leave them on for more than a few songs.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
I dont really want to replace anyone from the band, because they all rock together. My dream is to play with Coheed & Cambria. Thats all.
Page 1 of 2