OK I play thrash/progressive/glam/hair/80s metal.I need stuff that is awesome for shredding,sick for rhythm guitar and riffs,and good cleans.Im going to be giging so here is what my options i have:
Mesa boogie dual rectifier
Peavey JSX
Laney VH100r
Mesa Boogie Stilletto

Which one would work better for me?
Stilletto!!!!!!!!
JSX!!!!!!!1!
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I was just thinking about that.
The JSX is a very versatile amp. Very very versatile, and it has alot of good tones in it.
The Stilletto is also an incredible amp.

That's the only information I have for you.
I think the Stilletto is a better amp, but the JSX might be better por tu.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I was just thinking about that.
The JSX is a very versatile amp. Very very versatile, and it has alot of good tones in it.
The Stilletto is also an incredible amp.

That's the only information I have for you.
I think the Stilletto is a better amp, but the JSX might be better por tu.

+1 to the Stiletto.

AMAZING amp.

The Deuce.
JSX's are great, great tone, great distortion, i dont have much experience with mesa's though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
right now im thinking stilletto,jsx,or laney vh100r i love how the vh100r sounds for solos.
why on earth would you bump this thread? you've got your answers, go try them out. it seems as if you know what you want anyway.

/thread.

Don't judge me.
Personally, I'd pick the Stiletto out of those options, but IMO the Splawn Quickrod would walk all over those amps.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
OK im getting the amp in two weeks,im stuck between the stiletto and jsx,can someone tell whats some of the differences?
its a good amp but right nwo i want to focus on my actual options,eitehr a jsx,vh100r,or stiletto.
Stiletto.
i never see the stilletto get recommened, its a great amp.
i would also think that a jcm800 would work well, and the splawn quickrod would be amazing too.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The Splawn Pro Mod may be good as well. I have heard some pretty sick clips of that amp.
I was planning on buying this used one, but it was sold before i could come up with the funds.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
dude i dont have splawn by my local music stores so can jsut focus on the ones i can which is now between jsx,vh100r and the stiletto
Stiletto Deuce head.

Or you can order a boutique amp.
I have the VH100R. Absolutely wonderful tones. Cleans are sparkling, gain is great.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by ObliviousEnd
dude i dont have splawn by my local music stores so can jsut focus on the ones i can which is now between jsx,vh100r and the stiletto

funny, neither do I

Quickrods:
most people don't have them at their local stores because they are high-end custom built amps, but at prices that are exceptional for amps of such caliber.

You can order them to custom specs however you want, but if you do end up going used be aware that they have dual channels, 50 watt power switch, gain/solo boosts as a footswitchable function, and use Tungsol EL34b tubes, and are handbuilt right here in the USA

Perhaps I can lead you to the clips page-

http://www.splawnguitars.com/clips.htm
scroll down a bit and listen to some clips
It sounds like the Laney VH100R would be best for you. It will be great for the 80's type music you described and has a really good shred tone. The only thing it might struggle a bit with is thrash, depending on what you think is a good thrash tone (The Laney is a very bright amp). Progressive seems to vary a lot, but if you want a very unique sounding amp, the Laney would be good for you.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
It sounds like the Laney VH100R would be best for you. It will be great for the 80's type music you described and has a really good shred tone. The only thing it might struggle a bit with is thrash, depending on what you think is a good thrash tone (The Laney is a very bright amp). Progressive seems to vary a lot, but if you want a very unique sounding amp, the Laney would be good for you.

Sweet thansk for actually telling some stuff about the laney,im really intrigued since I've been hearing it professionally recorded and is the sex.