Page 1 of 2
I was talking to my friend today n he told me about this incident at my college where last year this one kid hanged himself to death.
He kinda mentioned how it was really sad cuz when he went to the funeral of the guy and the guys mom spoke to him.
She asked him if he knew the guy and my friend replied by saying yes (he lied as he was a different course n felt it'ld be bad to say no). Hearing that the guy's mom replied by saying how it was good to know her son knew at least someone in the college as he never spoke about anyone he knew in the college.

Which i felt made the whole story worse as my friend lied that he knew him so basically no one knew the guy.

But this is where i felt was the most ****ed up bit. Pretty much his whole class was at his funeral to give their condolences (more than a 100 people).
And this is what really got me thinking. All along when the guy was alive, no one could give a toss about him (knowing my college and how superficial n fake everyone's in it, i'm really not surprised). But the moment he died, they're all their to five their fake condolences.

I mean like, you might be thinking but thats how it is, but isn't that kinda ****ed up n sad. Like people don't give a toss about you until you're dead!

Like while you're alive and waking around (when it really matters), no one comes upto you to speak to you. But suddenly when you're dead, they're all there around you to show their fake empathy. When its all too late to matter.
Most people probably just showed up cuz they didn't wanna come off as a douche by not showing up.

Aah, well, i guess i just needed to rant and i know pretty soon some elitist douche bag will come along with the whole "thats how the world is, suck it up fag!!".
Well, just to say, its cuz of such people who have zero empathy for others that such incidents happen.
It hardly takes any effort to speak to and get to know the people in your class. But yet no one bothers. They're too caught up in their own little self centered world. Its just sad...

Kinda ironic too as my college is a med school where they teach people to save lives!!

tl;dr: some dude in my college killed himself cuz no one gave a crap about him n he had no friends but the whole class turned up at his funeral which i thought was ****ed up.
Welcome to the world.

One week we're donating millions to disaster victims and the next week we want to know the latest on Paris Hilton.
Yeah, that's how sh-t works.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Meh.

That's a bit stink. It probably ended up that people that didn't want to go would have been scorned for not going.

Hanged is an odd word.

Hung/Hanged
Quote by af_the_fragile
Kinda ironic too as my college is a med school where they teach people to save lives!!

I've heard from my friends that went to med school that they're rather relentless with cadavers
Quote by lolcats
Meh.

That's a bit stink. It probably ended up that people that didn't want to go would have been scorned for not going.

Hanged is an odd word.

Hung/Hanged

didn't get any red underlines for hanged....

Quote by seljer
I've heard from my friends that went to med school that they're rather relentless with cadavers

Oh trust me.
We're first briefed about how we should respect the cadavers and all.
And we're all kinda really careful with them for the first month to the max.
After that we start to treat them like one of them fake models. Towards the end of the year, the cadaver is in complete bits with parts of it disarranged all over the table!!
Looks like a horror show!! There's a foot lying somewhere, with the part of his leg somewhere else and his guts all pulled out n all....
Its kinda crazy...

But its kinda like thats what they're there for...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 27, 2008,
I know what you're saying. One of my best friends passed away this year unexpectedly, and somehow, all those superficial asshats decided that after 7 years of treating him like he didn't exist, suddenly they gave a crap. Some even went to his funeral where a majority of his friends didn't go to because they didn't feel they deserved to be there, that they would be opposing. 3 of us went, and then I see that group of bitches there. I just got so angry, I just wanted to get up and bitch them out in the middle of the church.

That is how the world is. People will do anything to make themselves feel better. It relieves any guilt they have about it and makes them feel like they are such good people. Messed up man.
Quote by lolcats
Meh.

Hanged is an odd word.

Hung/Hanged

Yeah I never really used "hanged", but Google says it's alright.

As for the dead guy, yeah, it happens. I knew a guy that everyone hated, got killed in a car crash, and at his funeral, he was suddenly the nicest, most insightful guy on the planet.
A picture is hung, when people are executed, they are hanged. It's okay to use that word.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Maybe they thought there would be food after the funeral. It's why I would go. So that's not really f*cked up. I don't think you should be mad at them for pretending to care.

But I do feel sorry that the guy had no friends. I think you're friend did the right thing by lying to the guy's mother.
Last edited by Abunai X at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by TunerAddict
I know what you're saying. One of my best friends passed away this year unexpectedly, and somehow, all those superficial asshats decided that after 7 years of treating him like he didn't exist, suddenly they gave a crap. Some even went to his funeral where a majority of his friends didn't go to because they didn't feel they deserved to be there, that they would be opposing. 3 of us went, and then I see that group of bitches there. I just got so angry, I just wanted to get up and bitch them out in the middle of the church.

That is how the world is. People will do anything to make themselves feel better. It relieves any guilt they have about it and makes them feel like they are such good people. Messed up man.

I mean like this is how i was feeling...

Like if the guy, in his coffin had any thoughts bout his funeral and all the people who got there, i very well presume it'ld have been a big "**** OFF!!" to all the people who would have had come there. Like "you guys didn't give a shit all the time i was alive and now suddenly that i'm lying in here, you've all come to show your fake sympathy!!, oh **** off!!!"

Well, i'm sure thats certainly what i'ld be saying if i was in that guy's place...

Another thing i hate is that no one gives a shit about you until you've suddenly gained some significant recognition.
I've seen this a lot. Like after i'ld play a gig or something, people that i've never spoken to come up to me and speak to me like we're the best buddies.
Then in a couple of days, when you're not as popular, they all forget you again...
Quote by Colgate Total
A picture is hung, when people are executed, they are hanged. It's okay to use that word.

I know, I know, people correcting me on my grammar

I was just saying it's an odd word.

That's besides the point, anyway.
Quote by lolcats
I know, I know, people correcting me on my grammar

I was just saying it's an odd word.

That's besides the point, anyway.

You're beside the point...
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Same goes for any musician that dies. Then they automatically get 500,000 fans going around youtube saying "omg R.I.P. wish he was still here. Music will never be the same"
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by af_the_fragile
didn't get any red underlines for hanged....

The correct tense is hanged, not to worry
"It's funny how everyone loves the dead, once you're dead, you're made for life."
- Jimi Hendrix

That's all I have to say, it's sad.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Quote by af_the_fragile

Another thing i hate is that no one gives a shit about you until you've suddenly gained some significant recognition.
I've seen this a lot. Like after i'ld play a gig or something, people that i've never spoken to come up to me and speak to me like we're the best buddies.
Then in a couple of days, when you're not as popular, they all forget you again...

Well, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't go up to every random person I see and introduce myself.

If I just saw a good performance by some kids from my school, I'd go over and talk to them. Doesn't mean I'm obligated to be friends with them though.
It relieves guilt for all the shit they've given them over the years.
Fake tears and all

They then proceed to put the photos of your coffin with stupid glitter hearts on Myspace with captions saying, we never knew this guy but its so sad.

The same bitches who tormented you throughout your whole life end up getting more attention and sympathy then you once they let out the waterworks.

Then they forget all about you the next day
this one kid hanged himself to death.
QUOTE]

too death you say???

im a jerk
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. We're all self-centered, and if theres something that eases our guilt or shame or some other stupid human feeling then we grab it with both hands. People only want to know you if they see something significant in something you have done or something that has happened to you.
About half a week ago now this one kid in my year's sister offed herself. This kid was openly gay, and openly hated by most of the people in our year. Very few people were actually friends with him, and very few people only made fun of him jokingly. She hung/hanged herself on the night of the formal, day after, everybody was suddenly saying how sad it was and how they were so sorry for him.
They didn't give a rats arse about him until that moment, and i'll guarantee when we go back to school nobody will gives a rats arse about him again.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Same goes for any musician that dies. Then they automatically get 500,000 fans going around youtube saying "omg R.I.P. wish he was still here. Music will never be the same"

Jim Morrison died all alone in his apartment and no one knew he was dead for days...

Kinda an opposite story. Here's a guy who was surrounded by people all his life n had a rather lonely end...
Quote by af_the_fragile
tl;dr: some dude in my college killed himself cuz no one gave a crap about him n he had no friends but the whole class turned up at his funeral which i thought was ****ed up.

Yep, I've seen that lots of times. It's because people are either A) drama *****s, or B) want out of class early. Mostly "B."

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke

*coughdimebagcough*
Quote by dann_blood
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.

Wow I love Scrubs...
Crocodile tears.

Sucks a fat one, but they're really only showing up to fulfill a moral and/or socially/politically correct obligation if you will.
I kid at my school was driving home one night and his car went over some black ice and he flipped into a forest. I was sorta friends with the kid, I talked to him a few times about music. He wasn't the most hated person at our school but no one really talked to him. Suddenly everyone was best friends with him.

But its just the way the world is. And the world is a very sick place sometimes.
Quote by dann_blood
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. We're all self-centered, and if theres something that eases our guilt or shame or some other stupid human feeling then we grab it with both hands. People only want to know you if they see something significant in something you have done or something that has happened to you.About half a week ago now this one kid in my year's sister offed herself. This kid was openly gay, and openly hated by most of the people in our year. Very few people were actually friends with him, and very few people only made fun of him jokingly. She hung/hanged herself on the night of the formal, day after, everybody was suddenly saying how sad it was and how they were so sorry for him.
They didn't give a rats arse about him until that moment, and i'll guarantee when we go back to school nobody will gives a rats arse about him again.

I think that's a rather inaccurate generalisation. Very few people are like that. You're basically saying that we all care about ourselves only, and that the only reason we want to be friends with people is because they are useful to us or have an interesting past. I really doubt that's the case for most people.
Quote by Abunai X
I think that's a rather inaccurate generalisation. Very few people are like that. You're basically saying that we all care about ourselves only, and that the only reason we want to be friends with people is because they are useful to us or have an interesting past. I really doubt that's the case for most people.

Lol. Its a very accurate depiction.

Everything anyone has ever done for any reason was for themselves. Its against human nature and logic to do something that doesn't positively effect you.

Volunteer at a homeless shelter? Lets you feel all warm and fuzzy like you worth 10 cents.

Rape? Gets you off like your dick is worth 10 cents.

Play soccer? Makes you feel good when you get a goal, or make a tackle.

Etc....

All human actions are selfish. Just like me writing this, it makes me feel super awesome and I'm feeding my own ego.
Quote by Abunai X

You won't believe how ****ing accurate that is!!!!
ANYTHING anyone ever does is for their own benefit. ALWAYS. they only attended the funeral to make themselves feel better.
You've touched on an old issue. Mark Twain in Tom Sawyer had the whole town, which had previously denounced and scolded Tom as a troublemaker think he's dead when in fact he wasn't, and all those townspeople who had rejected him came to his funeral to sing praises about what a good boy he was. Dark irony in your case, funny in Tom's.
Of course, it is possible that they attend the funeral because they want to feel better, but do you think they sincerely felt sorry for the guy? From their perspective, they may have been good friends with him, but to anyone outside, they would be acting like total jerks. You really don't know how much of an ass you are, unless someone else tells you.
But am I here? I find it hard to tell
I do a good impression of myself
But what's normal now, anyhow

Quote by LordBishek
I'm going to hunt her down and throw copies of the God Delusion at her until she breaks.
OMG, I can't believe how cynical you all are!

I took the time to write a rather passionate argument against TunerAddict, but every time I try to post it, my computer freezes.

But it WAS good. It WAS.
Ya know at alotta colleges if your roommate commits suicide you get a full financial ride
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Abunai X
OMG, I can't believe how cynical you all are!

I took the time to write a rather passionate argument against TunerAddict, but every time I try to post it, my computer freezes.

But it WAS good. It WAS.

Its because you can't fight the truth :P
Page 1 of 2