Does 2x200 mean 200W comes out of each speaker?
Is that better then doing 400W bridged at a diff ohm?
I can get a powered mixer, 2x200 peavey really cheap. Is the monitor powered by the amp powering the mains?

And a 400W RMS peavey speaker isn't really good is it? I want my speaker Wattage to be about half of my amp
What Ohms does the Peavey speaker operate at? And what's your budget and do you still need 8 microphone inputs? And you should just consolidate all your powered mixer/PA questions into one topic...it's irritating to only answer little bits without a sense of progress.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by jc71corvette
Does 2x200 mean 200W comes out of each speaker?
Is that better then doing 400W bridged at a diff ohm?
I can get a powered mixer, 2x200 peavey really cheap. Is the monitor powered by the amp powering the mains?

And a 400W RMS peavey speaker isn't really good is it? I want my speaker Wattage to be about half of my amp

Great, I think I have all the info. For some reason, though, it doesn't mention at how many Ohms that wattage is at...could you look at it physically? It should tell you on the speaker itself.

2x200 does mean 200 out of each speaker. However, seeing that your speaker does 400 on average, and 800 at peak, you should not even think about bridged mono for that powered mixer for one speaker. In any case, the reason to go 2x200 is to have stereo sound...meaning you can choose to split audio in one amplifier. In reality, people use separate amplifiers for separate left and right signals, and configure these amps to run in bridged mono. Watch this series of videos, read this, and come back if you're still confused.

Now, the short story is you'll need to find either two 800+ amps, or one 1600 that can work 2x800 at the ohms you want. If it turns out your speakers work at 4Ohms, the PV1500 is exactly what you want. Just get a normal analog mixer instead of the powered one you are thinking about, plug its outputs to the amp, make sure the amp's on stereo, and take those outputs to the PR15Ns.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Sep 28, 2008,
Thanks for the great informative response!
I'v heard great things about those speakers I sugguested. 400W RMS aint bad? SUgguesting the 1600 stereo amp is if I want to run my PA in stereo. Most giggers use mono right?
Quote by jc71corvette
Thanks for the great informative response!
I'v heard great things about those speakers I sugguested. 400W RMS aint bad? SUgguesting the 1600 stereo amp is if I want to run my PA in stereo. Most giggers use mono right?

Yeah. It's so the audience gets a consistent sound on both ends. You can run parallel mono without a problem with that amp. And 400W will definitely project your sound well. Since you haven't bought the speakers yet, I'd wait until they arrive so you can check the specs on it (whether it runs on 4 or 8 Ohms) before buying the amplifier. Otherwise, you could run into an unpleasant surprise...that the amp can't handle it.
Quote by keiron_d

Whats the stereo inputs on the mixer for? Does that has anything to do with what you were sugguesting earlier(about using one amp per speaker)?

Could I plug everyone into a mono input but put lead vocal in one stereo?
Quote by jc71corvette
Whats the stereo inputs on the mixer for? Does that has anything to do with what you were sugguesting earlier(about using one amp per speaker)?

Could I plug everyone into a mono input but put lead vocal in one stereo?

Well, any analog mixer has stereo outputs. You can just take the left output for mono output. It has nothing to do with one amp per speaker (look at the third video I linked).

And your second question doesn't make sense. If you want lead vocals out of both speakers, that'll happen with mono, as long as you pan to the center.
Quote by keiron_d