I have had these random twangy frets ever since i got my Les Paul and I have adjusted the action, the truss rod, the bridge over and over again and they are not going away. After i checked out my frets a bunch of them seemed to be tilted. Im just wondering how much it would cost to get it re-fretted?
You might want to consider having it set up professionally first, or at least getting a professionals opinion. A pro set-up is a heck of a lot less than a re-fretting. It could be as simple as a fret that might need to be filed down slightly, which should be really cheap.
Quote by evh1776
You might want to consider having it set up professionally first, or at least getting a professionals opinion. A pro set-up is a heck of a lot less than a re-fretting. It could be as simple as a fret that might need to be filed down slightly, which should be really cheap.

This. Get it set up, and have the frets looked at. I'm not sure what it costs to re-fret a guitar, but I know it's not cheap, and more than likely it's a problem with the set up or just one fret needed to be crowned or something.
+1 Refretting isn't cheap (never had it done, but I can image). Play the $40 or so to get a good set up. Try it for a month. If it doesn't feel/sound right then get some refretting estimates.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
You can get frets leveled alot cheaper. A fret job is 200 bucks more if its a bound fret board like many LPs.
Quote by SenorSmiley
you can fret your guitar yourself for about 10 bucks. That's what I do.

Don't do what he does.
Why not? There is nothing wrong with refretting your own guitar.

You just order the size wire you need from Warmoth or Disco Stew Mac, get a pair of cutters and a set of files at Sears and you're golden.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Why not? There is nothing wrong with refretting your own guitar.

You just order the size wire you need from Warmoth or Disco Stew Mac, get a pair of cutters and a set of files at Sears and you're golden.

Because he won't know what he's doing. He'd be better off getting a professional doing it right.
Well, there are plenty of articles online.

Do you want to get the royal rob halford screw job or do you wan to learn something and spend 10.00?
Yea I can do a fret job for 10 bucks after i went and bought a bunch of tools. The fret wire is 10 bucks yes. But the tools to do a proper job are gonna be close to the cost of a fret job. And there is a pretty steep learning curve on refretting. A bound fretboard LP is not the best job to start with. Take it to a shop and see what they say might just need the frets dressed not an expensive job.