Mosh pit
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Guitar forum.

Guitarists like concerts.

They like the mosh pit in concerts.

Hence, the Pit.
<Han> I love Hitler
Because once you're in, the only way out is to make a human pyramid out of the corpses of your fallen comrades.

*I don't know*

Edit: A kiwi!

kia ora bro!
because once you're in, you never leave
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Mosh pit makes sense.

I had always thought it had something to do with hell.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Serpeth
So why is this forum called 'The Pit'?

Just like a real pit, easy to fall into, impossible to get out of without losing some of your sanity.

Or mosh pit
Quote by breadstick
Mosh pit makes sense.

They can be synonymous.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by breadstick
Mosh pit makes sense.

a pit of hell?

LMFAO epic!
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
I thought it had something to do with armpits...

Edit - Highlight the smiley.

Doesn't it look like an angry AZN when you do that?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Once upon a time, back when dinosaurs roamed the land, a good and honest man named Ughabuga came out of his cave home to greet a new and sun-shiny day. He turned to his wife, Uthula, and told her "manga-changa,wally wally banga" and went out for his morning jog. As he passed various neighbors and friend he waved and continued at a leisurely pace across the familiar paths of his jungle home. He jogged past the post office, the school, the dinosaurs graveyard, the giant sign that said "Vine swinging lessons, 5 gold rocks," past the bathing fountains and on down toward his office; where he ran a service that allowed people to leave messages for one another concerning his favorite instrument, the guitar.

About 200 feet from his office, Ughabuga tripped and began rolling down the side of the mountain his office was located on top of. He kept rolling and rolling... and as he rolled, he went directly beside a sign that said "Giant hole, straight ahead." He saw this as he went by and said "ugh, no." Then, as he began to fall into the giant hole he said, "DDDAAAAAA PPPPPIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!" and this sound got caught up, echoing back and forth almost eternally inside the hole as he fell, until the sound wave struck a lose stone which fell into the pit and opened a time portal to modern day Russia. This time portal carried the soundwave into the home of our beloved Zappp, who realized that "DDDAAAAAAA PPPPPPIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!" were the dying words of a man who devoted his life to the guitar, and named a forum on www.ultimate-guitar.com "The Pit" to honour Ughabuga.

This is the whole and true story of how the pit came to be.

Amen.
Quote by ZanasCross
Once upon a time, back when dinosaurs roamed the land, a good and honest man named Ughabuga came out of his cave home to greet a new and sun-shiny day. He turned to his wife, Uthula, and told her "manga-changa,wally wally banga" and went out for his morning jog. As he passed various neighbors and friend he waved and continued at a leisurely pace across the familiar paths of his jungle home. He jogged past the post office, the school, the dinosaurs graveyard, the giant sign that said "Vine swinging lessons, 5 gold rocks," past the bathing fountains and on down toward his office; where he ran a service that allowed people to leave messages for one another concerning his favorite instrument, the guitar.

About 200 feet from his office, Ughabuga tripped and began rolling down the side of the mountain his office was located on top of. He kept rolling and rolling... and as he rolled, he went directly beside a sign that said "Giant hole, straight ahead." He saw this as he went by and said "ugh, no." Then, as he began to fall into the giant hole he said, "DDDAAAAAA PPPPPIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!" and this sound got caught up, echoing back and forth almost eternally inside the hole as he fell, until the sound wave struck a lose stone which fell into the pit and opened a time portal to modern day Russia. This time portal carried the soundwave into the home of our beloved Zappp, who realized that "DDDAAAAAAA PPPPPPIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!" were the dying words of a man who devoted his life to the guitar, and named a forum on www.ultimate-guitar.com "The Pit" to honour Ughabuga.

Amen.

tl;dr
The quality of the discussions are just too fucking low, so it HAD to be called The Pit.
Quote by St.Loony
tl;dr

Tl,dr
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Tl,dr

Noob Question:

I know what it means, but what exactly does that stand for?
Quote by St.Loony
tl;dr

B&.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
For the "tl;dr" people, I'll sum up his post:

Awesome story about a sweet thing that was really cool and now we call it The Pit.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

ROFL yes!

Your sir, are lord of the smileys. Or at least the azn ones.
Quote by ZanasCross

Amen.

I was half expecting that to turn into a fresh prince story.
Quote by Shiroshu
Noob Question:

I know what it means, but what exactly does that stand for?

Too long, didn't read.
I did read Zana's post. I couldn't be bothered with StLooney's
It was Ts,dr
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Too long, didn't read.
I did read Zana's post. I couldn't be bothered with StLooney's
It was Ts,dr

Thanks, as soon as I hit submit I realized how dumb it was to expect a real answer in the pit but this is a pleasant surprise.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

Oh god, thats awesome, as if you noticed the confused smiley is an angry asian
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Highlight the laughing ones, isss crazy!!!
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
basically an eternal void where the most sick and disgusting and stupid things are banished to. people called it the pit.

sounds like my school.......
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

it's called The Pit because zappp thought The Cesspool would be too obvious.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
When you go out dancing at a big club, the part in the middle thats out of control and hot and sweaty and basically a big fun hell hole is called the pit.
HATS, my friend, HATS
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Highlighting the smileys doesn't work for me
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.