Page 1 of 3
are these picture any good?

I'm looking for cirtiqes and things I'm not looking to make my ego bigger I was just wondering

I have about 60 more but am just wondering about these three

EDIT: here is one more

Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Sep 27, 2008,
Nice.

You'll get more in depth response in the photography thread though.

Very cool though.
the second one is my favorite of the 3.

next time try not to make everything dead center, it's more interesting when things are off center.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
got a link?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
you used some principles of art, which is good. Im not too keen on the photography though. Im just starting to learn to learn art myself(so don't take my word).
Music, a steady riot in my soul
Quote by Waterboy799
the second one is my favorite of the 3.

next time try not to make everything dead center, it's more interesting when things are off center.

I have more that are at just weird angles those were my 3 favorites out of the 60 though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
the second one reminded me of brand news last albums cover

good jazz
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
The first and second ones were really cool, the third one was okay.

If the first one was bigger I'd definitely save it as my wallpaper.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by shdowfox17
the second one reminded me of brand news last albums cover

good jazz

I planed on using that second one as my album cover. that is also my favorite
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Lgndkllr777
The first and second ones were really cool, the third one was okay.

If the first one was bigger I'd definitely save it as my wallpaper.

if I knew how to enlarge it I would let you but I don't know how
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
your second one looks like you got hired by the guitar company to take pictures of the guitar

this can be good or bad depending on your aim of that photo.
Last edited by convictionless at Sep 27, 2008,
the second one is the best one, the strat ones really aren't interesting, which i think is what photographers should aim for with their pictures. I'd go out and retake the 2nd one, using the rule of thirds, and making the guitar in the righthand most third, and take off the strap so that you can really see the colour of the guitar shine, the strap right now cuts off the biggest part of figure of the guitar. I like what you've done with the mahogany colour filter, that turned out well. I'd suggest taking more pictures where the focus isn't dead center, and playing around with different coloured filters. overall, a good start, but you can really improve on your photography, and make it alot more interesting.

EDIT: your 4th one is really cool, its got what i was talking about with the rule of thirds (headstock in the left one, fretboard in the middle one, body in the right one. well done!
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by convictionless
your second one looks like you got hired by the guitar company to take pictures of the guitar

Is that good or bad?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I really think the second one is the best. I like how there's a sort of contrast between the old weathered house and the nice clean LP.
Those are nice. The 4th one and second one are sick. I think the second one would be better without the strap though
Quote by muse-ik
the second one is the best one, the strat ones really aren't interesting, which i think is what photographers should aim for with their pictures. I'd go out and retake the 2nd one, using the rule of thirds, and making the guitar in the righthand most third, and take off the strap so that you can really see the colour of the guitar shine, the strap right now cuts off the biggest part of figure of the guitar. I like what you've done with the mahogany colour filter, that turned out well. I'd suggest taking more pictures where the focus isn't dead center, and playing around with different coloured filters. overall, a good start, but you can really improve on your photography, and make it alot more interesting.

EDIT: your 4th one is really cool, its got what i was talking about with the rule of thirds (headstock in the left one, fretboard in the middle one, body in the right one. well done!

Thanks for the help I'll go retake some of em later
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The second one has a lot of potential, but the angle bothers me. Take it again but from a lower height while looking straight instead of down.

And for the next time, there's a photography thread. Your pics aren't more important than mine's or Kensai's ones. Not trying to sound like an ass or anything.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'm not really a fan of these kinds of guitar pictures, but that last one you added was pretty cool.

Like already said, I would try to not make everything so dead-center, and also, like I already said, I'm not a fan of this kind of guitar photography, but still, good job.
Quote by urik
The second one has a lot of potential, but the angle bothers me. Take it again but from a lower height while looking straight instead of down.

And for the next time, there's a photography thread. Your pics aren't more important than mine's or Kensai's ones. Not trying to sound like an ass or anything.

that is completley fine I wasn't aware there was a photography thread I'm never in the pit
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
the first one is ok, but could be improved with higher contrast and some blurring around the edges. Maybe it'd be better in color? I really like the second one. It's a nice angle and the colors work well. the white house is a good background for it. The strap is a little distracting, though.

The 3rd and 4th are good. The sleek guitar stands out well against the older-looking building.
Quote by Abunai X
the first one is ok, but could be improved with higher contrast and some blurring around the edges. Maybe it'd be better in color? I really like the second one. It's a nice angle and the colors work well. the white house is a good background for it. The strap is a little distracting, though.

The 3rd and 4th are good. The sleek guitar stands out well against the older-looking building.

the first one (in my eyes) with color didn't look right. the second one I'll retake with out the strap tomorrow.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I like the second and last ones a lot. The other ones...they're not bad, but the composition doesn't seem quite right to me? Also, the third one isn't quite focused right. But like I say they're not bad Keep at it.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Bostonrocks
that is completley fine I wasn't aware there was a photography thread I'm never in the pit

Sure man. As I said, I didn't try to be an ass or anything like it .
By the way, with some editing the 1st one is great. I added contrast and lowered the brightness. I also took out part of that bright thing in the bottom, and that black line in the upper left part.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Sure man. As I said, I didn't try to be an ass or anything like it .
By the way, with some editing the 1st one is great. I added contrast and lowered the brightness. I also took out part of that bright thing in the bottom, and that black line in the upper left part.

that turned out really cool. I'm still learning to use my photo shop

what do you use?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^ That would make a nice album cover urik.

Keep it up man. Talk to Kensai. He knows all the photographers on here. I'm sure he'd help you out.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
^ That would make a nice album cover urik.

Keep it up man. Talk to Kensai. He knows all the photographers on here. I'm sure he'd help you out.

I will
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
They looks amazing except for the last one.

really? I like that last one. are you talking about the one in the window or the one with the dirt on it?

thats ok you are entitled to you opinion. what do you see wrong?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
that turned out really cool. I'm still learning to use my photo shop

what do you use?

Photoshop CS3.
See that little black and white circle under the layers? Click it and then pick "Brightness/Contrast". I used -46 brightness, and +43 contrast. If you have CS3, mark "Use Legacy".
To take out the shinny thing and the line I used the Clone Stamp tool. You alt click somewhere, and then paint on another part and it clones the part that you alt clicked over.
Since you're new to photoshop, watch these series. Besides being hilarious, they actually teach you a lot of stuff if you're a newbie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_X5uR7VC4M

If you have questions just send me your MSN Messenger address over a PM.

EDIT: Thanks Jackal58 . Though I only slightly edited it .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by urik
Photoshop CS3.
See that little black and white circle under the layers? Click it and then pick "Brightness/Contrast". I used -46 brightness, and +43 contrast. If you have CS3, mark "Use Legacy".
To take out the shinny thing and the line I used the Clone Stamp tool. You alt click somewhere, and then paint on another part and it clones the part that you alt clicked over.
Since you're new to photoshop, watch these series. Besides being hilarious, they actually teach you a lot of stuff if you're a newbie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_X5uR7VC4M

If you have questions just send me your MSN Messenger address over a PM.

EDIT: Thanks Jackal58 . Though I only slightly edited it .

I've been using paint shop pro 7

I'll PM you If I got any more questions
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
btw would you reccomend getting a different/better photoshop
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The second one and last one look pretty professional to me, but the others have small things that make them look off. The first and third's angles seem just a bit off to me, and the first one has annoying blurs in the corners that bother my eyes a bit. Great work though, better than I have ever done.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
I really don't see any point to photography. It's just capturing things that are already there, not actually creating any "art" yourself (unless you drew something then took a picture of it).
Quote by GerGuam
I really don't see any point to photography. It's just capturing things that are already there, not actually creating any "art" yourself (unless you drew something then took a picture of it).

/facepalm
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Page 1 of 3