Getting a Peavey Valveking 112, what's the best OD pedal to tighten up the distortion from the amp. Looking for a real tight, chunky tone.

I've been looking at the Bad Monkey, Maxon OD808, and the Ibanez TS9. Which is the best in your guys experience. What difference in tone is there?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
you could get a ts9 and modify it? the tube screamers output buffers are a high pass filter, but using a capacitor in parallel with the output resister shunted to ground would get an awesome low end.

honestly, i'd look into a mosfet over drive, you wouldn't be disappointed
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
whoa,,...Hard post to follow CvP^...
what about lookin into the ts-808? i think its a bit sweeter, more natural than the ts9.although the ts9 can be modded to ts808 specs,i believe...
but the maxon pedals seem to be more highly regarded round here
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I'm looking into the ts808 too, i just thought the Maxon was pretty much the same thing, just cheaper? The digitech one is an amazing deal, but the two 808's i know are the cream of the crop. What's the main difference between them.

The nice thing i like about the digitech are the eq knobs.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Take your pick, they're all very similar and should all work well for what you want. The TS9 is what I'd buy and mod to 808 specs and maybe a few other choice mods. Hell, if you know how to mod, just buy a clone for cheaper and build it exactly the way you want.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Bad monkey is the best I have found for metal, modding it makes it even better .. It has previously beat out two Tubesreamers I have owned in the past.....

And we will have to see how it compares to the 3rd one I just picked up today
you bought a 3rd tubescreamer? why...

and if he is going to have enough skill to mod it, mine as well pick up a kit from generalguitargadgets and make and mod it himself lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I use a Bad Monkey, and it does the job great.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
you bought a 3rd tubescreamer? why...

and if he is going to have enough skill to mod it, mine as well pick up a kit from generalguitargadgets and make and mod it himself lol

The first one I owned was a MIJ Tubescreamer, then I modded it to keeley specs then added a few of my own tweaks. Sounded amazing as a stand alone pedal but wasn't quite what I was looking for as a clean booster. So I got a Bad Monkey to test out and loved it as a clean boost. Then traded my Tubescreamer for the Randall RH100 head. But grew tired of the Randall Head so sold it and was researching some pedals and came across a TS9DX - FLEXI 4X2 Video and loved the tone. And with finally getting around to getting the parts to finish my Ibanez 560 I can put it in standard tuning and play something other then metal. Which the pedal will help out greatly being I own a 100 and 120 watt amp so classic rock and blues tone would be almost impossible to achieve. Also modded my Bad Monkey and love it even more but thats my metal booster not a standlone tone monster.

So I dont own three at once, but do own three OD pedals and they each have there own function.

Also I have been wanting to get my hands on a keeley for a while now for my own curiosity lol

So in the end the..
Bad Monkey (metal boost)
TS9DX - FLEXI 4X2 (everything else)