Does anyone have a quick way to heal a blood blister?

I just got it while practicing/failing on my bass. (the song Orion by Metallica if anyone was curious)
It doesnt hurt, I'm just afraid if I play anymore I might break it open.

For those of you that dont know what a blood blister is, Wikipedia (may weird some people out)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_blister
Mine isnt as swollen as the ones on the Wikipedia page, and about half the size, right on my middle fingertip.
?!
Quote by Doppelgänger
It looks like a little beetle.

Mine is more like a ladybug.
?!
well theres some treatments on the wiki page you gave us in your post.
I don't know any else so yeah ...
Quote by Sguit
there is two main steps:

1. use google
2. repeat the first step
DO NOT POP IT
it will become infected, all you can do is just leave it there and wait for it to go away and come through the skin naturally, also if you do pop it, you will basically take out a big chunk of your skin.
Don't pop it. It will become infected.

I had one last week. Let it heal naturally and keep playing as much as you can. Your skin will become tougher than ever.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I clicked on the wiki... And was not expecting that at all. I should have though, because it looks exactly as it sounds. It looks like a normal blister, and it looks like it's filled with blood.

I would want to pop it so bad. I probably would.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Don't pop it. It will become infected.

I had one last week. Let it heal naturally and keep playing as much as you can. Your skin will become tougher than ever.

Seriously??

Oh my god, then I might be able to practice my bass for more than an hour at a time!!
?!
"People who are exposed to blistering but cannot interrupt their activities to allow for proper treatment, such as soldiers, bassists, or sportsmen on longer training periods or competitions, have developed a series of approaches to treating blisters. These are unadvisable, as they are likely to slow healing or cause further damage, especially if undertaken improperly."

did you add that, or was wiki serious about it?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
i had a really big blood blister one time and it turned silver then eventually popped itself and went away and i didn't have a fingerprint for a while
Quote by muse-ik
"People who are exposed to blistering but cannot interrupt their activities to allow for proper treatment, such as soldiers, bassists, or sportsmen on longer training periods or competitions, have developed a series of approaches to treating blisters. These are unadvisable, as they are likely to slow healing or cause further damage, especially if undertaken improperly."

did you add that, or was wiki serious about it?

Ive never had a wiki account
?!
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Go to a doctor?

My mom has been a nurse for 21 years...
?!
One time i got a blood blister on my thumb cuz i blew up a gas can when i was holding onto it. I was pouring the gas on a fire (yeah so probably not the brightest idea) and when there was not much gas left it exploded (thankfully not much gas left). When it exploded i blacked out for a second and awoke on the ground. It felt like i completely blew my hand off, the explosion shot out of the can right where i was holding it (huge hole). But when all that was done i realized i had a huge blood blister on my thumb, the rest of my hand was pretty beat up too, i just used fingernail clippers and tore it open. all the blood was coagulated tho. I still don't have feeling in the top part of my left thumb.

I was sickened by this because i couldnt play guitar for a long time after that cuz my hand was too beat up, felt like an eternity.
Quote by MetalliPuptmstr
One time i got a blood blister on my thumb cuz i blew up a gas can when i was holding onto it. I was pouring the gas on a fire (yeah so probably not the brightest idea) and when there was not much gas left it exploded (thankfully not much gas left). When it exploded i blacked out for a second and awoke on the ground. It felt like i completely blew my hand off, the explosion shot out of the can right where i was holding it (huge hole). But when all that was done i realized i had a huge blood blister on my thumb, the rest of my hand was pretty beat up too, i just used fingernail clippers and tore it open. all the blood was coagulated tho. I still don't have feeling in the top part of my left thumb.

I was sickened by this because i couldnt play guitar for a long time after that cuz my hand was too beat up, felt like an eternity.

That must have sucked.

I dont have much feeling on my pointer fingertip, I dont know how that finger built up callous and my middle didnt.
?!
if you let it heal, a callus will form and youre fingers wont hurt as much when playing guitar
heat up a needle in a flame ( to sterilize), pop it on the side (not on top) and drain the blood out.

when its all out leave the skin there to help protect it and put a bandaid with some neosporin on it.

thats how i deal with blisters anyway. it should work with yours. just be careful to be sterile when you do it and you wont have any probelms with infections.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com