how would go about doing a guitar with a tye dye paint job just curious
well, if you dye quilt maple in multi colors to it.

other than that, i guess it would be possible, but hard, to do the 'water bucket of oil paint' thing.
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
great Q
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i think there was some dude on here who did it on an acoustic he just used acrylic paint smeared it/removed some with his fingers and it ended up looking pretty really really nice, though i dont know how it would work with an electric with flame/quilted top.
perhaps google will know?
well, the ones fender used to make, i guess they just made tye-died shirts, and had the designers put the design on the guitars, like just paint on the design...
so, i guess thats one way, but it kind of sounds like cheating to me
Quote by gratefulduck
well, the ones fender used to make, i guess they just made tye-died shirts, and had the designers put the design on the guitars, like just paint on the design...

but I don't really see how you could tie up a guitar
the only thing i can think of is to tye-dye a white cloth or t-shirt then do a material finish: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/mat.htm
but if you want the grain to show through then i have no clue. any pics of guitars with tye-dye?
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by ccatck

I think this would probably be the best way to do it. Unless you got a piece of vinyl printed in tye dye and then stuck it to your guitar then this seems the only logical way.

You could glue a tye dye shirt like some people mentioned but if you go that route you may was well use vinyl so that you can remove it later.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Tie-dye is of course, you must twist and tie the object, dip in dye.

And when it is UN-tied, some parts that were all scrunched up will have less dye. And I agree that using a cloth will be great.
How to color your fabric, yarn, fiber, or clothes with .
Quote by gratefulduck

This....a good airbrush artist could duplicate a tie dyed effect, because you can't "twist" the wood so doing one the traditional way is impossible...i'm pretty sure rick savage (def lep) had a tie dyed bass during adrenalised.

To do a see thru one you would just use dye's to do the pattern then you would need to blacken the colour joins to get a sharp edge. It would be a very cool pattern to do
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I've always wondered if you could do a swirl stain or dye. I would think not since the wood would get saturated probably.

I think it would be really hard keeping the dye's separated from each other to create the effect...I guess it all depends what liquid they are floating in. It would be cool to do a see thru swirl for sure