Hi, I have a B-52 AT 1-12 Tube Combo. and i'm running it through an MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal. And the pedal is good and all, but its not giving me the tone i want. i want like a rectifier-ish poprockish tone (all time low)

and i just can't get that tone. could it be because of all the other pedals in my set up (line 6 modulation, bad monkey)?

or could it be my settings for the amp. i dont know, i just really want a good poprock tone.

so does anyone know what would the best eq settings be?
While the b-52 is no mesa, you should be able to get a pop rock tone. I think boost them mids and up the treble maybe?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
wait so the middle, on the eq, would basically be in the middle right? so it the eq should have like a ^ shape? a frownish shape?
Yes. The lower numbers are lower frequencies and the higher numbers are higher frequencies.
and if i boost the mids on the eq pedal. do i have to turn up the mid knob on my amp also?

and should the mxr be in front of my pedal board? or be last?
Put the MXR in the FX Loop, use a cable from the fx send to the input of the pedal and a cable from the output of the pedal to the fx return

The best way to use an eq is to set the amp's knobs to where it sounds best and then use the eq to tweak further.
yeah with mine is usually run it through effects loop.. Then shape my sound then add knob eq to my tastes..
Quote by Kevin Saale
Put the MXR in the FX Loop, use a cable from the fx send to the input of the pedal and a cable from the output of the pedal to the fx return

The best way to use an eq is to set the amp's knobs to where it sounds best and then use the eq to tweak further.

listen to that^^^

dont use the eq. get a good sound out of the amp alone. THEN turn on the eq and mess with it from there.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
listen to that^^^

dont use the eq. get a good sound out of the amp alone. THEN turn on the eq and mess with it from there.

You can always do it the other way, but for me the way I described works best.