Like the title says, i need to find a singer. me and my friends are trying to start a band and play at our school talent show, i play guitar, i have a friend who plays guitar, a friend who plays bass, and a friend who plays drums,but we all suck at singing, and i don't know a snger. Any ideas about how to find a singer ay my school?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Do it yourself? I've come to find that the secret of good singing if feeling the music, and meaning the lyrics.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
Do it yourself? I've come to find that the secret of good singing if feeling the music, and meaning the lyrics.

thanks, but i think the most important secret to singing is being able to keep pitch
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Quote by master2sexy
thanks, but i think the most important secret to singing is being able to keep pitch

idetectsarcasmhere.

I heard somewhere (don't quote me on this) that unless you're tone deaf (like 5% of population), you can learn to decently sing. And since you play an instrument, chances are you're not tone deaf. axemanchris has a story about his singing escapades.

However, just keep an eye open. Singers are everywhere; good singers are almost harder to find than drummers
Well, everyone starts off as a not so well singer, that's how it was for me. Until we got rid of our singer, I decided I was the only person in the band who could somewhat sing, and to this day. I am the singer and guitarist in my band. Point is, not unless with alot of practice, you'll sound atleast decent when your playing. And from there, if you continue to sing, you'll get better. Just give it your best.
Yes... Austyn has it correct. I am proof that anyone can learn to sing. I was absolutely bloody awful. My tone sucked, and my pitch was all over the map. I could be off by as much as a perfect fifth when trying to hit notes. (couldn't hit the broad side of the ol' musical barn, so to speak). I'll never be an awesome singer, but I have at least become a good singer. Pretty good for a person with absolutely no natural ability.

A couple of things, though. You'll need a teacher. If you have no natural ability to sing (like me), then you're setting yourself up for failure to try to learn by yourself.

I'd say that the number of people who are genuinely tone-deaf is probably closer to 0.5%.

It will take time. I hope you're not in a hurry. It took me about ten years. (although I was in bands and singing the whole time I was taking lessons).

Pitch does have to come first. You can emote all you want, but if it isn't in tune, it will be absolutely bloody awful. Alternately, you can sing a song in excellent tune and not emote one bit, and it will still sound okay. Not great, mind you, but at least okay.

My experience is that decent singers are harder to find than anything else.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
But if you have a voice like Shaggy from Scooby Doo or that woman from the Nanny... Even if you learn to sing, you'll still sound like Shaggy. Kim Gordon can't sing but at leasts she has a cool voice!

Though I agree it's not the same when someone else sings your written lyrics. Alternative: try to find a singer that has the same lyrical vision as you, so you don't have to write - even more difficult. All the decent singers I know want to be Alicia Keys style pop divas.