Ok, so there are all these threads on song you can play to work on your sweeping, but they all seem to jump up to 10 out of 10 on a difficulty rating. WTF. So I'm here to ask for some songs that are for the little guys (beginners like me ) I need songs that build up a good list of new sweeps, while building stamina and fluidness of them. Without having me want to set my guitar on fire. So, here's what I'm looking for:

Songs you start off playing sweeps along with Max difficulty 5/10

Full songs with tabs, dont tell me to try just the solo of a song, That just annoys me. Give me a good song with some good sweeps. And dont give me some shred shit like Cacophony, or The Human Abstract! (If I could play stuff like that, I wouldn't be posting this )

Something that works on both 3 and 5 string sweeps, I'd like to get better at combining the two
Quote by die_kenny_die
ate a girl out on her period...

i regret nothing.

I know how to shred paper, does that count?
Easiest song that includes sweeping?

"Thunderhorse" by Dethklok
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by qstionauthority
thunderhorse (dehklok) has some good 3 string sweeps. get good at that and then work on 5-stringers

On Thunderhorse you can do 3 or 4 string sweeps, depends on how you play it.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by qstionauthority
thunderhorse (dehklok) has some good 3 string sweeps. get good at that and then work on 5-stringers

Did I or did I not say BEGINNER'S SWEEPING. If you started off playing sweeps like this good for you, but I'm simple so let's tone it down some
Quote by die_kenny_die

i regret nothing.

Most of the times songs that have a lot of sweeping are hard. Just kind of the way it is. You see large amounts of sweeps in Instrumental music and Metal (Particularly Tech-death...), and for the most part, Instrumental music containing sweeping is going to be tough, and lot's of metal is relatively difficult as well. Sweeping is generally one of the later techniques you learn, which would make it so that when you want to work on sweeping, you can play the rest of the songs that utilize a lot of sweeping.

Final Product by nevermore has some slightly tricky diminished 3 string sweeps and it's not too hard overall. The easiest song that I can think of off the top of my head that has sections with mixed 3 and five string sweeps is This Godless Endeavor. Unfortunately, they may be a bit fast if you are relatively new to sweeping and it's not a particularly easy song by itself.

As for easy sweeping sections, that's a bit easier to make a list, but as you want whole songs, making a list of moderate songs with easy sweeping is tough.
Last edited by TheShred201 at Sep 28, 2008,
ensiferum's "hero in a dream"

for the most part, the song is pretty easy. the solo is the part with sweeping, and the patterns used are the kind where its basically all rolling your finger.

personally, i think the shapes where you roll your finger alot are harder, but that could be because i never practiced them. (i believe most people view these as the "easy" sweeps though)

Quote by misfitsramones
i find the best way to learn a new skill is to write a song with that skill in it that u wanna learn, and write it to your level

^
|
|

i also agree with this statement.
Last edited by SpeedLives at Sep 28, 2008,
In order to write my own sweeps, I need to understand arpeggios, which I dont understand at all. I've seen a few. . . very few sweeps, and I just practice those over and over. I posted a while back asking for the breakdown of all the chords people could give me as far as sweeping. But it never went anywhere. Can anyone here try to help me with that?
Quote by die_kenny_die

i regret nothing.

Quote by bambamm89
Did I or did I not say BEGINNER'S SWEEPING. If you started off playing sweeps like this good for you, but I'm simple so let's tone it down some

It's not as hard as it sounds. There are only 2 basic patterns of sweeps in Thunderhorse, and if you start slow it's pretty easy. These are the 2 patterns in Thunderhorse (they're very common patterns)

|––––––12p8–––––––––––––––––15p12––––––––––
|–––10––––––10––––––––––13––––––––13––––––-
|–9––––––––––––9–––––12––––––––––––––12––––
|–––(^minor^)–––––––––––––(^major^)––––––––––
|––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
|–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

|–––––––––17p11–––––––––––––––––19p16–––––––
|–––––15––––––––15–––––––––––17–––––––17––––
|–14–––––––––––––––14–––––16–––––––––––––16–
|–––––––(^minor^)––––––––––––––(^minor^)––––––––
|–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
|–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The root (which is bolded) on these patterns is always on the second string.

Think of the top 3 strings of a D chord

|–2––– F# - Major 3rd
|–3––– D - Root
|–2––– A - Fifth

now if you add the fifth (A) on the top string and play the notes separately, you have the major pattern:

|–––––5p2–––––
|–––3–––––3–––
|–2–––––––––2–

now just flat the major 3rd (F#) to the minor third (F), and you get the minor pattern

|–––––5p1–––––
|–––3–––––3–––
|–2–––––––––2–

yup
^ that's because it's a terrible question. You can sweep any chord/arpeggio at all, so that shows the people answering that you can't construct chords, which means you probably don't know the notes of the fretboard or how they relate to one another... Do you see what I mean? If you knew the notes of the fretboard, you could at least learn a "minor" and "major" shape, and then apply them to chord progressions - like, for example, Wild Thing, a billion Beatles tunes, Blink 182... whatever.

If you knew how chords were constructed + notes of the fretboard, you could create/learn any progression ever and create a sweeping arrangement of it.

It's like you're trying to build a house from the roof down mate - it's just really frustrating.

Just take three weeks, and watch the three theory lessons in my sig. See how that gets you on the path to actually being in control of your sound and instrument.

Finally, the fact that there is an ONLY what song thread means that it's the only what song thread - just post there and ask for the easiest possible song that involves sweeping.

*closed*