Tomorrow I'm getting a ValveKing 112 and some sort of OD (Bad Monkey, OD808 etc.)

So i'm gonna be using three pedals, MXR SmartGate, Weeping Demon Wah, and the OD Pedal.

Should they all go into the effects loop?

I was thinking that the OD should go into the front because i'm using it to boost the distortion. And I know the Wah should go into the effects loop but should the noise gate too? First Amp with effects loop so kinda lost.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Don't put any of them in the loop. The effects loop is usually for delay and modulation effects, though many people put EQs there as well. If I had your setup I would go Guitar-OD-wah-gate-amp.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Don't put any of them in the loop. The effects loop is usually for delay and modulation effects, though many people put EQs there as well. If I had your setup I would go Guitar-OD-wah-gate-amp.

I always thought you put the wah first? interesting wasn't what i expected.

i can always mess around with it myself, but depending on the setup i might need extra cables and kinda wanted to have it figured out before i went to guitar center.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I've done a bunch of research on effects loop and such. I'm gonna go Guitar>Wah>Bad Monkey> Amp then put the noisegate in the effects loop.

I'll fiddle around with it some, but that's what i think i'm gonna start out on.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Putting the wah before or after the OD doesn't really matter, it's just a slightly different sound. Some people like wah-ing the overdrive, and some people like overdriving the wah. It's just personal preference.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Putting the wah before or after the OD doesn't really matter, it's just a slightly different sound. Some people like wah-ing the overdrive, and some people like overdriving the wah. It's just personal preference.

Thanks for the help, I have enough cables for any situation really, so I'm just gonna mess around with it a bunch tomorrow.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
the wah has a much larger sweep when you push dirt or overdrive thru it.
Quote by mmjohn
the wah has a much larger sweep when you push dirt or overdrive thru it.

Cool, Thanks. I'm going for a big sweep, kinda like zakk wyldeish. So i'll try it in both places and see if i like it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra