So I've wiped the fret board, put rubbing alcohol on the strings and I'm about to redo the wiring.

Any thing else i should do?
redo the winding?

and why did you put rubbing alcohol on the strings?

Don't redo the winding.....just put new strings on
Give her a decent setup, if you know how to.

If you redo the wiring just take your time with it and make sure the solder joints are all strong.

Cheers,

Dave.
HI THERE
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
redo the winding?

and why did you put rubbing alcohol on the strings?

Don't redo the winding.....just put new strings on

WIREing... With WIRES

Rubbing alcohol is supposed to make old strings less dull sounding

Quote by white falcon119
Give her a decent setup, if you know how to.

If you redo the wiring just take your time with it and make sure the solder joints are all strong.

Cheers,

Dave.

The action is set up pretty good, solder joints are strong and i fixed thew buzzing problem.
Quote by Sly Taco
Lemon Juice it!

as long as you have a rosewood f/b
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
you are not meant to use rubbing alcohol. it has water in it and that can tarnish you strings.

you are meant to use 'methylated spirits' ('denatured alcohol' to you americans) as this cleans the strings but has no water in it.

x

EDIT: oh yeah and its lemon OIL not lemon juice!!!

haha

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
you are not meant to use rubbing alcohol. it has water in it and that can tarnish you strings.

you are meant to use 'methylated spirits' ('denatured alcohol' to you americans) as this cleans the strings but has no water in it.

x

haha

x

That doesn't matter as long you dry the strings out afterwards. Water can't do anything if it's dried off.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by shinhoman

x

haha

x

I used methylated spirits. I just always hear it called called rubbing alcohol.
do most guitar shops sell beeswax or whatever it is to clean maple fretboards by the way?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Boiled linseed oil for cleaning, strings boiled in vinegar and bicarbonate (then placed in a deep freeze for a couple of hours), light machine oil (or 3-in-1) on the machineheads, and some Servisol in the pots.
A regular cleaning regime will pay off in the long run. Says the hypocrite who rarely bothers....
Sulfuric acid?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Jonn0
do most guitar shops sell beeswax or whatever it is to clean maple fretboards by the way?

You can get it from any supermarket
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
try some car detailing spray on the body, it gives the paint a nice smooth feel, removes light swirls and brings out the curves lol.