I want an amp that can be cranked to get the tubes hot without causing hearing damage. It must like pedals. It's just to practice so preferably small and with nice cleans, I don't care if it can't imitate a Marshall, that's what my pedals are for.
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
blackheart?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Grow some.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by MoonBoots432
Grow some.

May I know why you being so rude?
Or am I stupid and he's contributing?
Quote by The Spoon

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
May I know why you being so rude?
Or am I stupid and he's contributing?

No your just using UG.
rl]
Quote by StealthyHayze
No your just using UG.

Of course, I forgot.
Quote by The Spoon

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Blackheart, Valveking Royal, Orange Tiny Terror, and Epi Valve Jrs are decent, small tube amps.
Some of them are bigger than others, but I kept it all in the "small enough" category.
Blackheart amps are meant to be very nice, as are the Epi Valve Jrs.
Member of the Laney Cult
Teh Killer Ant.
Quote by imgooley
Teh Killer Ant.

This, I totally need to pick one up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
This, I totally need to pick one up.

Too bad it costs as much as a V33H.
I know, I've been think about building one, but they all seem to be too expensive, you know anyone who sells a single tube amp kit for fairly cheap?
Quote by Kevin Saale
I know, I've been think about building one, but they all seem to be too expensive, you know anyone who sells a single tube amp kit for fairly cheap?

I believe Torres Electronics has one that uses a turret board.
Quote by imgooley
I believe Torres Electronics has one that uses a turret board.

Link?
an epi vj............loves pedals and easy to mod.
I've heard the Fender Blues Jr. takes pedals quite well..... but 15 watts may be pushing it.

Oh well, it would probably be better than my 50 watt tube combo.... it feels like a pneumatic drill is being jammed into your ear when it's cranked.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
any 15 watt PP amp. mod abit and replace the el84-s with an 12au7. full ass kickin 1 watt amp

and to anyone suggesting regular 5 or 15 watt tube amps, dont bullshit me. thats bullshit, a 5 watt tube amp IS pushing it in an apartment situation and a 15 watt one is definitely above the treshold
Killer Ant or similar one watt'r.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
epi valve jr. or a blackheart

i prefer the blackheart, but the epis are still good.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Laney vc15.... just got one its very good; bright, excellent cleans and crunchy overdrive that gets quite dirty. Not good for metal but overall a thick smooth tone.
(p.s there's nothing special about a martial... the only ones that are any good are the stacks and you don' really need it... you may as well use a microphone on a normal tube combo)
Quote by tom_martin_123
Laney vc15.... just got one its very good; bright, excellent cleans and crunchy overdrive that gets quite dirty. Not good for metal but overall a thick smooth tone.
(p.s there's nothing special about a martial... the only ones that are any good are the stacks and you don' really need it... you may as well use a microphone on a normal tube combo)

+1 for VC15.

-100 for spelling Marshall as "martial".

If you needed more gain, get a Boss SD-1 or a Digitech Bad Monkey as a boost pedal.
Still keeps most of your amps tone, just cranks the gain up.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
+1 for VC15.

-100 for spelling Marshall as "martial".

If you needed more gain, get a Boss SD-1 or a Digitech Bad Monkey as a boost pedal.
Still keeps most of your amps tone, just cranks the gain up.

Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
epi valve jr. or a blackheart

i prefer the blackheart, but the epis are still good.

Quote by tom_martin_123

Did you guys read the opening post at all? He wanted a small tube amp that could be CRANKED without hearing damage. A 5 or 15 watt tube amp will cause hearing damage when cranked in a small or medium sized room and played for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, period.
Quote by 1337void
Did you guys read the opening post at all? He wanted a small tube amp that could be CRANKED without hearing damage. A 5 or 15 watt tube amp will cause hearing damage when cranked in a small or medium sized room and played for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, period.

Yep, no such amp exists for TS
Or he does what I suggested and gets a power scale. Problem solved.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i tried a 5w laney the other day in a shop and that would have been too loud for practicing. you need something less than 5w!
My Main Gear

Floyd Rose Redmond Series 4
Fender USA strat with Steve Morse Dimarzio pickups
Charvel 88 model (number 465 of 1000 made)
Yamaha pacifica
Peavey 6505+ head
marshall avt150 head
marshall cab
laney vc30 212 combo
Quote by forsaknazrael
Cranked tube amp that won't blow your ears out that has good cleans? Lower wattage means less clean headroom.

Even a 5W tube amp is fairly loud. How loud? Yell at the top of your lungs. About that loud.

That said, I'd check out a Fender Champion 600.

the champion 600 i played yesterday was cranked and was about as loud as an acoustic guitar.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
I want an amp that can be cranked to get the tubes hot without causing hearing damage. It must like pedals. It's just to practice so preferably small and with nice cleans, I don't care if it can't imitate a Marshall, that's what my pedals are for.

these 2 conditions make your request impossible.

a small cranked tube amp WILL break up regardless of how high or low the wattage and volume.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
5w amps are loud when cranked i need earplugs if i wanna crank mine, (when sitting close atleast)
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard