Poll: Whose more intelligent? Liberals or Conservatives?
Poll Options
View poll results: Whose more intelligent? Liberals or Conservatives?
I can't generalize Liberals. Dumb Question.
4 8%
I can't generalize conservatives. Dumb question.
8 16%
Liberals, easily.
29 57%
Conservatives, easily.
10 20%
Voters: 51.
Page 1 of 2
TS fails
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
They are both as intelligent as each other.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
when half of the options you put up there state that the question is dumb

why post it?
Quote by SeanNapier
when half of the options you put up there state that the question is dumb

why post it?

I have to keep it balanced.
I would say Liberals because most college students are liberals, where as conservatives tend to be business men and older ppl.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
I would say Liberals because most college students are liberals, where as conservatives tend to be business men and older ppl.

Just keeping it balanced here...Wouldn't the business men have to be college students?
Quote by Southside_RS
Just keeping it balanced here...Wouldn't the business men have to be college students?

Not necessarily.

Quote by Southside_RS
I have to keep it balanced.

Fair enough

but you know everyones going to pick their own side (woo bias!) just to say they're part of the smarter lot
Quote by SeanNapier
Fair enough

but you know everyones going to pick their own side (woo bias!) just to say they're part of the smarter lot

uhm...Ok? There is no 'balance' if there is no sides in the first place, lol. Of course there has to be sides, but there has to be a option for neutrality
Quote by RunRiot
This thread is going to end horribly

Of course, the moment a mod gets on, its getting closed.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Real fiscal conservatives, who know something about the economy, I would classify as more intelligent than liberals, who just like peace and stuff.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Southside_RS
uhm...Ok? There is no 'balance' if there is no sides in the first place, lol. Of course there has to be sides, but there has to be a option for neutrality

the problem isnt that everyone is chosing their wing just to gloat

but you wont find many reasons why
Quote by LedZeppelin
Real fiscal conservatives, who know something about the economy, I would classify as more intelligent than liberals, who just like peace and stuff.

I love baseless sterotypes.
Quote by SeanNapier
the problem isnt that everyone is chosing their wing just to gloat

but you wont find many reasons why

So far I've only seen one reason post why he thinks conservatives are smarter than liberals. You are right though, he was a moron.
Quote by LedZeppelin

this
On another note, HOLY CRAP IT'S LED ZEPPELIN!
Quote by Southside_RS
I love baseless sterotypes.

thats really all you gave us to work with
the internet is a dangerous thing for young voters
Here lies a problem that most guitar players face in this day of internet tab and short attention spans — they don't know how to express themselves.

-Nick Layton
can someone please enlighten me as to how you would classify someone as a liberal or conservative?

i am australian and im rather unsure as to what each means in america.

here in australia to be liberal means to be part of a political party.

the main two are liberal and labour.

and in australia LIBERALS ARE COMPLETE ****ING DICKHEAD **** SUCKERS!

yes they suck their own forheads:|
Quote by fleetingillness
Can somebody please explain to me why an individual who can't differentiate between "whose" (signaling possession) and "who is" is asking a question about intelligence?

Neither is smarter. There are geniuses in both groups and idiots as well.

/Thread.

I know plenty of people whose intelligence prodigiously eclipses yours. English isn't their strong point as well. It Doesn't mean anything.
Both are idiots. Anyone who makes up their mind before hitting an issue is an idiot.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by Southside_RS
I know plenty of people whose intelligence prodigiously eclipses yours. English isn't their strong point as well. It Doesn't mean anything.

Ha. I know plenty of people as well whose (<--Proper use of whose) intelligence eclipses mine. Hence the reason I never said anything about how intelligent I was. Speaking a language correctly has always been a great indicator of intelligence though. So I would have to say it DOES mean something.

Either way, I still think the question is idiotic since a person's political alignment is not a question of intelligence but rather belief.
Quote by fleetingillness
Ha. I know plenty of people as well whose (<--Proper use of whose) intelligence eclipses mine. Hence the reason I never said anything about how intelligent I was. Speaking a language correctly has always been a great indicator of intelligence though. So I would have to say it DOES mean something.

Either way, I still think the question is idiotic since a person's political alignment is not a question of intelligence but rather belief.

My knowledge in arithmetic, politics, geopolitics, the history of the united states, and and a variety of fields in computers is astronomically vast. Never once have I heard somebody say their skills in English merits intelligence.
Last edited by Southside_RS at Sep 28, 2008,
Quote by bringmethedeath

Well, liberals are the same way here in America so we're not all that different

Only problem is conservatives aren't that much better
Quote by bringmethedeath
can someone please enlighten me as to how you would classify someone as a liberal or conservative?

i am australian and im rather unsure as to what each means in america.

here in australia to be liberal means to be part of a political party.

the main two are liberal and labour.

in america a conservative is the same as an aust. liberal. while their liberal is the same as our labour party.
Quote by fleetingillness

Yep.

Though you have to take into consideration that there are trends as to what kind of people tend to socialize themselves politically.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, liberals are the same way here in America so we're not all that different

Only problem is conservatives aren't that much better

oh i see.

there there about conservatives being not much better.

in australia though, usually its the conservatives who are liberal hahaha
Quote by Southside_RS
My knowledge in arithmetic, politics, geopolitics, the history of the united states, and and a variety of fields in computers is astronomically vast. Never once have I heard somebody say their skills in English merits intelligence.

Did it just get pompous in here or what? Phew, everyone clear out, this guy's ego is taking up too much space. It's gonna get hot quickly.

Feh.

Anyway, in my own experience, generally liberals have a more open mind about everything, and can carry out a proper debate without getting all heated. Just my own experiences... not saying it infers greater or lesser intelligence.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
I can't really just stereotype every conservative or liberal, but liberal ideas are a bit moer rational to me than conservative ideas.
Page 1 of 2