I brought a Mesa Dual Rectifier from a shop for £2000, but i'll pay in monthly installments of £160. But, i'm a student earing £30 from EMA. I'm willing to get a job and stuff to pay for it but is it actually worth it? I had money in store credit from taking items back to the store that i previously bought.

Shall i take it back and get a cheaper head/combo or whatever?

Any help, and suggestions on what to get if i do replace it. Something similar to the same head or something thats good for Metal and Neo-Classical shred kinda stuff.
Sweet.
Last edited by BC_Warlock at Sep 30, 2008,
It's pushing it a bit if your relying on EMA. If its anything like my school some weeks you just wont get it!
I'd get a job though, you'll feel better about buying, cause you'll have earn it.
Then again, I dont know much about the amp.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by Horlicks
Dayum, you could get WAY better for £2000

Indeed, Mesas are overpriced in the UK.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Mesas are overpriced everywhere. Man I was at a music store yesterday and tried out a Dual Rectifier for the fourth time, with 2 different guitars. Honestly, for a $5195AUS price tag new, those things are REALLY not worth the money. I would look at something else.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Everything is overpriced in the Aus, Mesas even more than most things. But in America, they can be good (especially used).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I seem to remember Marshall amps actually being marked up a higher percentage than mesa boogie... I'll see if I can find the article
Oh well shit the bed. Well i'm going to take it back i think, if the shop allows me. What amps do you reccomend i get then? Either combo or stack. Don't mind.

I just want some nice volume, and something that i can play very heavy metal through, but also have a nice clean (Not needed, just nice to have).
Sweet.
so you bought something, but you don't have the money to pay for it? Am I reading that right?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Horlicks

I agree to all except the Krank. While they're great amps, I'd take the Boogie over it.

Also be sure to check out ENGL amps. You could get a pretty high end one with £2000 methinks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by JLT73
so you bought something, but you don't have the money to pay for it? Am I reading that right?

There is nothing wrong with using a credit card or a loan to pay back something like an amp over the course of a few months.

Key word FEW not 8 years.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I agree to all except the Krank. While they're great amps, I'd take the Boogie over it.

Also be sure to check out ENGL amps. You could get a pretty high end one with £2000 methinks.

Yeah, but that explains the £600 price difference, you could buy a better guitar too if you got the Krank. If you have a Rich Warlock, you probably need another guitar.
Quote by Horlicks
Yeah, but that explains the £600 price difference, you could buy a better guitar too if you got the Krank. If you have a Rich Warlock, you probably need another guitar.

I suppose.

I still think there are better amps for around the Krank price range though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by sesstreets
There is nothing wrong with using a credit card or a loan to pay back something like an amp over the course of a few months.

Key word FEW not 8 years.

true. But I think the TS said he gets only 30 a month and is WILLING to get a job or something to pay the 160 a month
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
tsk tsk, 2000euro for a mesa dual rec? thats really insane. and i only paid 900usd and i don't even think its that great. do your self a favor and get a engl or laney.
Quote by al112987
Dual Rectifier solo head? Or Dual Rec Road King?

It will be the Solo, Road Kings are more like £3500
ah.... wow I didn't realize those were so pricey on your side of the pond.

its worse than Marshalls are here.
Quote by al112987
ah.... wow I didn't realize those were so pricey on your side of the pond.

its worse than Marshalls are here.

really? last time i checked the jcm800+900 series are around 600-700 used on craiglist, and they are very easy to find
mesa boogie has contracts with storre so that they can only sell their amps for the list price, and 2000 pounds is way over the list price
Quote by Horlicks
It will be the Solo, Road Kings are more like £3500

Man i dont want to know where u saw that price.... easy to get them for £2750 in the UK, or less...
Quote by Horlicks

Yes i do have one, no it's not a bronze series. Yes i like it, but no it's not my most used guitar.

Seems i cant take it back after all. I need to pay it off before i can, but then i wont get a full money back refund.

Started looking for a job today, even with minimum wage i would still get over £400 a month. Which for a student doing part time work isn't bad, especially with the left over money

I don't think my decision was a bad one buying it, yes it's over priced but i think it's a hell nice head. Just been "re-tubed" as well according to the person who handles Mesa's at the store. Got all the tones i need out of it and sounds awesome in my opinion. Just a shame if was so expensive.
Sweet.
If your gonna spend £2000 on an amp add another £100 and get a Diezel VH4.

If you want a MEsa Rectifier just get a bank loan and buy a 2nd hand one from ebay for £1000
Quote by BC_Warlock
Yes i do have one, no it's not a bronze series. Yes i like it, but no it's not my most used guitar.

Seems i cant take it back after all. I need to pay it off before i can, but then i wont get a full money back refund.

Started looking for a job today, even with minimum wage i would still get over £400 a month. Which for a student doing part time work isn't bad, especially with the left over money

I don't think my decision was a bad one buying it, yes it's over priced but i think it's a hell nice head. Just been "re-tubed" as well according to the person who handles Mesa's at the store. Got all the tones i need out of it and sounds awesome in my opinion. Just a shame if was so expensive.

Methinks your thinking minimum adult wage. Your 16? You can probably expect approx. 65% of the adult minimum wage.
Quote by jscustomguitars
If your gonna spend £2000 on an amp add another £100 and get a Diezel VH4.

If you want a MEsa Rectifier just get a bank loan and buy a 2nd hand one from ebay for £1000

Guess nobody understands that i had the money in store credit? =]
Sweet.
Quote by BC_Warlock
Guess nobody understands that i had the money in store credit? =]

Sorry, my bad. Should have read the whole thread. Get em to order you A Diezel in then!
Personally, I hate rectifiers.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.