I can be on the computer for like 20 mins then it turns off by itself!?

Why?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Virus probably. Make sure your power chord is plugged in properly though, you might just kick it out or something.
more info?

Quote by fretsonfire74
Virus probably. Make sure your power chord is plugged in properly though, you might just kick it out or something.

lol :P
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Do any error screens pop up whilst the computer is functional?
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
i had this problem aswel some time ago i just took off the cover of my computer and cleand the fan and left it open so it does not overheat
Artificial Intelligence has gone too far.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
my friend has a problem with this on his laptop. its just a few months old and runs vista. i dont understand the problem at all so i just blame the os...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I had this problem and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out for ages, and it kept getting worse as time went on until eventually I couldn't load up my desktop. The problem was my computer was so loaded with dust the fan couldn't move.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
does it say its shutting down?
I came here to drink milk and kick ass.

... And I've just finished my milk.
I had this problem a while ago. It started by just restarting once a day, but after a couple weeks, I couldn't use if for 10 minutes without it happening.

Sometimes overheating is the cause, but a lot of the time it's a virus. DON'T HIRE A COMPUTER GUY! They just delete everything! :O
coz its an annoying piece of poo

mmaaddd details
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Open the side of your computer, clean it up completely, especially the fan. Computers are programmed to automatically turn off if they cant cope if the heat produced.
Quote by Consort BV
i had this problem aswel some time ago i just took off the cover of my computer and cleand the fan and left it open so it does not overheat

me and my friend both did this and his computer works fine now. i just got a new one
but yeah, this should work
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Its more than likely overheating especially if its a laptop.

Clean the fan out. This will be much harder if it is a laptop (if it is, make sure your not blocking the vents with cloth or something).
Quote by Rocker_69
I had this problem and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out for ages, and it kept getting worse as time went on until eventually I couldn't load up my desktop. The problem was my computer was so loaded with dust the fan couldn't move.

Exactly this was the problem. 1 sec after I made the thread, it turned off... a few days later the desktop wouldn't load. So I opened the computer and checked the fan - loaded with dust.

GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Artificial Intelligence has gone too far.

hahahaha

well i think it's a virus, obiously...
It could be a virus.

Would be a pretty lame virus though. Would just have to run a batch file that shuts down the computer.
My first computer did this. It was the motherboard f*cking up so we had to get a new one and a guy came and replaced it.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
That's hilarious.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana