title says it all

i pondered on and on about this question and have yet to seek an answer.
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Melodic lead parts, often has breakdowns, has screaming often with clean vocals aswell.

Just listen to metalcore bands, it's hard to put into words, but it's quite a distinctive sound.
lots of core very little metal
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
No Talent? and an egregious amount of suck?

I've heard maybe two "metalcore" bands I like... and I hesistate to even call them metalcore
plain and generic sound
Quote by darkstar2466
Leniency? In the metal forum? This is unheard of. People get massacred here for just walking by.
Metalcore/Deathcore
Metalcore is hardcore punk with a larger thrash and european metal influence. The music is fast, but not in the same vein as its hardcore predecessor. It utilizes alot of double bass drumming with some blast beats, various chord progressions and tremolo picking, and vocals usually are usually "harsh", ranging from high screams to low growls. The songs are usually in verse-chorus-verse format with a breakdown placed somewhere in the song. The genre has become very popular and the range of sounds is very wide. Their are basically 3 branches of the genre. Standard metalcore, metalcore with a little more technicality and metallic edge, then its newest spawn called "deathcore" which is metalcore with a very large influence from death metal and thrash.
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?
lol **** all the stupid posts here. he's asking for a definition now your own ****ing conformed opinion.

metalcore is the sound which is too hardcore for metalheads and too metal for hardcore kids.
its basically, metal + hardcore. either metal with hardcore influences or the other way round. thats that.
Quote by 12shinn21
Metalcore/Deathcore
Metalcore is hardcore punk with a larger thrash and european metal influence. The music is fast, but not in the same vein as its hardcore predecessor. It utilizes alot of double bass drumming with some blast beats, various chord progressions and tremolo picking, and vocals usually are usually "harsh", ranging from high screams to low growls. The songs are usually in verse-chorus-verse format with a breakdown placed somewhere in the song. The genre has become very popular and the range of sounds is very wide. Their are basically 3 branches of the genre. Standard metalcore, metalcore with a little more technicality and metallic edge, then its newest spawn called "deathcore" which is metalcore with a very large influence from death metal and thrash.

The only post in this thread worth reading. Nobody asked for anyone's opinion.