Page 1 of 2
g'day pit,
i thought this may be the place to post this, my ears have been ringing for the last 3 years, i mean it doesnt bother me that much but its still rather annoying. i was wondering how many people here have the same thing, and if so how do you "block it out" as such. i.e ways to ignor it, etc etc

cheers.
Quote by DownInAHole.
I pop boners all the time in church. I guess i become really horny at the thought of God.

Quote by Dreadnought
Because there's a dick in your mouth. It doesn't matter if it's your own. Eating your own shit doesn't make it not ass-nasty.
I tend to have a real high pitch constant noise in my ears a lot of the time too, just try to forget about it and your brain will automatically filter it out.

It gets real annoying when you try to sleep though.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
what?

lol

i get it for like 10 secs then it dies. my singer has to keep a ticking clock on at night because she becomes unbalanced because of the tinnitus. she says her head feels like a spirit level lol.

get it seen to and rest your ears from now.
I've had it for like 6 months, I spent the first 2 months all depressed about it.
But seriously, unless I thnik about it I don't hear it, but it was overwhelmingly loud at first.
You get over it though.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by GhostReverie
i get it for like 10 secs then it dies. my singer has to keep a ticking clock on at night because she becomes unbalanced because of the tinnitus.

Is she hot?
I have it bad, it comes after prolonged ear bashing, Pete Townsend has it realy bad after abusing his ears to mega decibels for years, unfortunately it's reversal. The ticking clock thiong is great it helps you sleep through the noise..

Pete
My stepdad has it from trauma in a car accident. It literally ruins his life, constant ringing in the ears.

Apparently the biggest trigger is stress, TS, so reducing your stress during the day will help you at night.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Yeh I've had it really mild for about 8 years now, but in the last year it's picked up and it's got a lot worse... but you just get used t it. I wouldn't describe it as chronic yet, mind...
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

i have had it for over 20 years! it came with the tubes put in my ears as a kid!
Quote by TheRealBadams
i thought this may be the place to post this,

if you thought this, then you have bigger problems aside from tinnitus
signed,
your favorite poster
you cant do anything about it.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I've had mild tinitus since i was 7 years old from an explosion. No it wasnt a grenade or something :P it was nitrogen tanks under pressure that got lit on fire by a pyromaniac idiot.. i just happened to be there when he did. Anyhoo i've just learned over time to ignore it.. usually other sounds like music, my guitar and the noise in the city covers the tinitus. but when i sleep, if i'm not hearing my girlfriend trying to talk my ears off, i'm hearing the ring.. but as said, after 12 years of tinitus i kinda got used to it
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')
This is bunny. copy/paste him into your signature
and help him on his quest to take over the world!
holy crap, i don't know how any of you deal with it. i mean i've heard of it but didn't know it was tha common. it would drive me fukin mental.
I used to have it when i was little for a short time. What bothers me is the spots i see. I only see them when im looking for them, its dark, or im under water. Its still a bitch. Shouldn't stare at the sun and flairs i guess.
Heres a helpful hint: When your ears hurt, turn it down.

It is stupidly hard to force yourself to turn it down, especially if youve found a killer tone, but your ears are more important.
I get this really loud random ringing in my ears when its quiet, eg when I'm going to sleep, but I've been getting that forever, so whether it's tinnitus or not I don't know...
Is tinitis where your in a silent room and there is a slight ringing? or is that normal?
^ Yup, it's tinnitus.

I have it to, but I'm taking precautions to minimize the damage because I'd like to work in audio production when I finish uni. I need my hearing!
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Now that I thought about it, I have a ringing in my ears

Wtf
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by icyblue
^ Yup, it's tinnitus.

I have it to, but I'm taking precautions to minimize the damage because I'd like to work in audio production when I finish uni. I need my hearing!

Oh shit, so how do you get rid of it?
Well TS if you've lived with it for 3 years you should know how to! I've probably had it same sort of time, it's really a case of ignorance is bliss Get on with life, don't let it get you down and look after your hearing a bit more.
Quote by Geetar_Axel
Oh shit, so how do you get rid of it?

yeah I'm afraid at this point it's permanent, just take precautions like wearing ear plugs around loud noises, not turning your MP3 player up real loud, basically just try not to put a large strain on your ears.
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
I've had it my whole life. Wonder WTF happened lol.
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
how do you guys get a tinnitus??? I mean, you seriously have to be listening to your music at full blast all the time or play your instruments too loud.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I have it pretty bad, and I'm dead sure it's from listening to my iPod at full volume for around 4 hours a day. It seems to be getting worse, but I can't stop myself from listening to music to give it time to rest.
Yeah my ears ring. You get used to it. I don't mind it now.
The smart people is working on a cure, but for now we gotta get used to it!

I've had it awhile aswell

how do you guys get a tinnitus??? I mean, you seriously have to be listening to your music at full blast all the time or play your instruments too loud.

Apparently if you listen to music consistantly at around 40db it will cause hearing loss...so around 30db?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by TheRealBadams
g'day pit,
i thought this may be the place to post this, my ears have been ringing for the last 3 years, i mean it doesnt bother me that much but its still rather annoying. i was wondering how many people here have the same thing, and if so how do you "block it out" as such. i.e ways to ignor it, etc etc

cheers.

i have it most the time.. i can hear it now! had it as long as i can remember. when i'm busy doing things i dont notice it. sleeping is lame, and in really quiet places it comes back too. sometimes it can get soooo loud... like i'll by lying in bed and i'll notice my tinitis and then it will just keep getting louder and louder till it feels like my ear drums are shouting at me. most the time it's not bad though. i usually have some sort of noise going to distract myself. quiet is not good
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Isn't tinnitus a big reason for suicide these days?

I hope no one here is thinking of that
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I just did No I kid, Im still alive.

Hmm, I was talkin to my cousin and she's the same, in a completely silent room, a slight buzzing, I think it may not be tinnitus. Its not real loud like those ads on TV make it out to be haha.
Quote by HuckIt

naa mate, to be honest i dont listen to loud music for that reason, i have it because i race cars, and when your working on a race motor when its running even with ear plugs in its bloody loud. and no it doesnt worry me at all, ive learnt to live with it, its just at night its a bloody nusence
Quote by DownInAHole.
I pop boners all the time in church. I guess i become really horny at the thought of God.

Quote by Dreadnought
Because there's a dick in your mouth. It doesn't matter if it's your own. Eating your own shit doesn't make it not ass-nasty.
i've got it. Whenever its silent around me i get a horrible high pitch droning sound in my ears.

i hope they find a cure in the future. Perhaps its not that important to scientists though
I have constant ringing in my ears from so many concerts. I wore ear plugs to the last one and my friends made fun of me. Jokes on them because the kids were like "**** MY EARS!" at the end and I was still at normal ringing. It bugs me at night when trying to sleep but my thoughts either drown it out because I'm focused or I deal with it. In the day normal sounds block it out. I live with it.
my friend has had it for a couple years and i guess he got used to it. i had it once for like 3 days after i went to a concert w/o wearing earplugs, it drove me crazy, im just glad it didnt stay.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Page 1 of 2