I was looking for a drum set because ive been playing guitar for like ever now and I want to try some fairly new instruments so I thought drums would be a decent starting spot. I was just wondering if these drums look like they are worth buying or getting. I really don't have any money to buy a real good drum set so Ill have settle for something a little crappier. I won't be like giggin with this if I do get them it will just be for practice. So Pit, what do you think?

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pulse-Pro-5Piece-Shell-Pack-with-Black-Hardware?sku=445368
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
Average of 96 User Ratings:

Overall: 8.35

Must be worth it...

But I don't know anything about drum sets, so ignore my post

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
get a

pearl export series kit
[A Portrait For The Deceased]

I swear they just went into the special ed. class and got one of them to slam their foreheads on the keyboard.
I once masturbated on some dudes arm.
Looks good, but you could probably find better, my first kit was a Cannon Adder which is a great starter drumkit, I happen to know that Marley167 is selling an original one so you should pm him about that.
Simply put, no, they look rubbish.
They would be poorly made.

Spent a little bit extra and buy a second hand Pearl or Tama kit.
It'll be worth it, even if you don't really get into drums.
Second hand kits are generally decent, and have often been reskinned with decent skins, which does make a helluva difference.
Member of the Laney Cult
It doesn't sound very great but it'll be fine for practice. Note: that kit doesn't come with cymbals.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
It doesn't sound very great but it'll be fine for practice. Note: that kit doesn't come with cymbals.

how do you know ?
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
My bros play drums. they pretty cool i also play them once in a while.

Id say they one of the best instruments to play. start with the basic drum set, an if you like it then start getting more drums and symbols =)
Quote by Nirvana6722
how do you know ?

says so.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Beautiful kit. But you'll bring it up to about 500+ for the cymbals and stands. Looks/sounds like a good beginners kit. But I got a Gretsch pro kit for $426 with cymbals and all.
If you already play guitar, you're probably more rhythmically in sync than non-musicians, so I would get a decent drumset cause you'll probably pick it up pretty quickly. If you're gonna be a serious drummer then I'd say get a really nice one to keep, but if you're just gonna play occasionally get a used one. I wouldn't get that one, though. I've never heard of Pulse, it looks kinda crappy, and it doesn't come with the cymbals. If you have any drummer friends who are going off to college, they'll probably be more than happy to have you take their set off their hands.
Quote by jsbud11
Beautiful kit. But you'll bring it up to about 500+ for the cymbals and stands. Looks/sounds like a good beginners kit. But I got a Gretsch pro kit for $426 with cymbals and all.

I've played Pulse kits, they're garbage
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lemon
I've played Pulse kits, they're garbage

Ah...

Then TS, listen to lemon. I'm just going by the reviews here.
Drum kits are always worth it. ALWAYS.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Buy a stagg starter kit. I have one and the drum heads are really good but the cymbals suck so buy new cymbals for the kit.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Just go to your local music store and see what you can get used. My first kit was a 1000 dollar Mapex but I got it for 600 used. Trust me it's worth it to buy something a bit more expensive because you won't have to replace it so quickly
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
I bought a drum kit for the same reason you did actually. You should probably go on craigslist and see what you can find there. This all depends really on how much you want to spend. I found a Pearl Export Series kit with china, ride, crash, crash ride, splash, and hi hat with the for $700. Here's a picture of it, crappy cell phone quality though And yeah, those cymbals are not included, those darn drum photos always get me. It says Complete 5-piece drum shell kit from Pulse features black drum hardware, suspension mounts on toms, and bold, edgy finishes. Cymbal stands and cymbals not included with drum set.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
Who gives a shit if it's not the best set you could get? You should definitely get a kit though. As stated above you'll be more likely to pick that up quickly as you do already have a developed sense of rhythm. I say go for it, get some good cymbals and maybe some heads as time goes on. Learning to play drums was one of the wisest musical decisions I ever made.

In summary: go for it.
He should definitely go for I was just saying incase he wanted a little something more. And yeah drums really has helped my rhythm.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
I wasn't knocking your opinion at all, sorry if it came off that way. It just frustrates me when people put so much emphasis on brands and things like that. My feeling is, if you're into it, and you're passionate after you've had the shitty beginner set and you've progressed, sell it, and reward yourself for your hard work and dedication with a new set, or better cymbals, or what have you.
Yeah sorry, I really didn't think you were bashing, but just wanted to be clear. I mean all you need is the set he wants and buy some cymbals. And probably a metronome.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
I would get it. Drum sets are so convenient to have. My dad plays drums and its awesome because we can jam at my house as well as my drummers without having to move a drum kit around.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Word of advice however: Don't buy a double pedal immediately. I have had one since I've been drumming, and even though I've go A LOT better with it, I think it has been more of a distraction then anything. Develop a good sense of dynamics (so ****ing important), and a good groove. THEN buy your double pedal and watch your progress explode.
Also, a little help for me any drummers? I can't really get my toms to get a nice sound with one another. I've tried different tunings. Anyone have some sort of sound file of a good sound for them?
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock