So I decided to practice more often and more structured in the future and I made a list with things I can practice

hour:
1 (warming up)

2 Tremelo picking (open strings)

3 Double picking

4 Sync exercises

5 String skipping

And repeating that daily. Maybe you have suggestions about the order of these things or something I might add. I'm not that much of an experienced practicer.

Thanks already
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
do you mean 1 hr for each exercise?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Maybe some theory?

Although I usually study theory outside of my guitar playing time, I'd say studying during practice would help you to apply it.
Quote by joshua029
do you mean 1 hr for each exercise?

Yes. The reason why I don't spend time on learning songs is because my gear besides my guitar itself sucks incredibly. So I have a terrible distortion tone (clean isn't amazing either)
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

what ever works for you.

ive tried structured practices but i can never seem to learn things when i have a time limit over my head. i like to work on what i suck at for as long as i want, after that i can work on anything i want for as long as i want. thats how i get things done at least.
+1

But I simply don't want to have the feeling that I wasted any time after 1 month of practicing 5 hours a day.
Quote by razorback91

1hour for each exercise and that for 5hours DAILY? Your finger and wrist muscles will break down if you do not grant them rest which will results in weeks not playing. Just an advice. Also better to let your muscles rest as I just said and in the meanwhile your brain, it'll give it more time for it to remember the things you do. Never noticed that if you didn't play for 2 or 3days it suddenly goes a lot better?
The 3P's of playing guitar... Practise, practise and ...persistence
Thanks, I'll try it when I have to learn a test or something :P
Quote by razorback91

You need to balance it out. Learn songs by ear, practice improvisation and rythm playing....
If you just practice exercises, you won't get any good at playing music. I've got nothing against exercices (I practice altitudes 1H/day), but if you only get good at moving your fingers fast you won't become a good guitarist.
My guitar teacher teaches me to become a good guitarist. He exactly teaches me the things that you listed in your post.
My ear is pretty good by now, but I discovered that I can't play that fast. That is why I start with the exercises.
I think I'll practice up to 17 hours a week
Quote by razorback91

I suggest you focus less on guitar playing and more on music in general. Can you read music? do you know your basic scales up and down the fretboard? Do you know how to form chords, or at least play most of them? Do you have the fretboard memorized?

Good technique is obviously good, but it's useless if you don't know what to play.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
I suggest you focus less on guitar playing and more on music in general. Can you read music? do you know your basic scales up and down the fretboard? Do you know how to form chords, or at least play most of them? Do you have the fretboard memorized?

Good technique is obviously good, but it's useless if you don't know what to play.

what you said had to do with guitar playing.
Quote by LawnDwarf
what you said had to do with guitar playing.

I meant less on the physical aspect of it and more on the mental.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Don't just decide to spend x number of hours on this, then on that etc. You'll just end up watching the clock and expecting more because you're spending hours on this or that. You'll improve better by spending 20 or 30 minutes intensely working on one aspect of your technique, than sitting there for an hour running through fatiguing exercises.
I would cut the times in half so you do 30 minuets rather then a hour. I'd add chords, theory, Improvisation, legato and applying the theory you learned.
Quote by The_Sophist

I can't read standard notation, but I understand what to do when I see chord names
I know basic scales up and down the fretboard.
I know how to form chords and know loads.
I have the fretboard pretty well memorized.

So I should learn standard notation
Quote by razorback91

My main point was, being able to play really fast and all that isn't useful if you don't know what notes to choose and when to choose them. Technique is important, because without it you can't play music, but beyond a certain level other things become far more important, such as...

1) Theory
2) Ear Training
3) Phrasing

All those things go much deeper into the music making mix then and shred technique ever will.

Edit : Spelling
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Thanks for the tips. I made a new scheme. If you feel to please let me know what you think about it.

Technique #1 15 min.
Technique #2 15 min.
Technique #3 15 min.
Lick/Song 30 - 60 min.
Theory 30 min.
Chords 15 min.
Standard Notation 30 min.
Ear Training/Improvisation/Phrasing 30 min.
Quote by razorback91

Quote by 08L1V10N
Thanks for the tips. I made a new scheme. If you feel to please let me know what you think about it.

Technique #1 15 min.
Technique #2 15 min.
Technique #3 15 min.
Lick/Song 30 - 60 min.
Theory 30 min.
Chords 15 min.
Standard Notation 30 min.
Ear Training/Improvisation/Phrasing 30 min.

Personally, I think that's a lot better and you will progress quicker following it. I'd suggest breaking the 45mins of technique up as well so you do technique #1 let's say, followed by theory then technique #2 or whatever. Just a thought so you don't get bored doing all technique at once.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.