So after reading the news about Death Magnetic's sound quality and reading a few reviews

So its recorded onto tape.. That presumably had compression in line before the tape.. And then before it was mastered, put through some more compression.. A bit of averaging yknow... How could you get digital clipping without being deaf!?

The mastering engineer must be a freakin noob to digitally clip an album of this calibre (Metallica cmon), no wonder the dude has distanced himself from it.. I think Metallica have been a bit ripped off..

Discuss.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
holy clipping batman
http://mastering-media.blogspot.com/2008/09/metallica-death-magnetic-sounds-better.html

Rick Rubin and Metallica are solely responsible for the end product. They gave the directions, they approved it. They are not rookies and no one at the label can ever bully these guys into anything. Both parties are 800 pound gorillas in the music industry. These guys are smart and in control. You and I may not like their taste, but it's not a Chris Athens record. It's a metallica record and this is what they want to give the record buying public. Only Metallica and Rick know why it sounds like it does.
This should be in the Metallica thread really.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by seljer

What a great post. That's something I wanted to see
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
in all honesty, i think death magnetic is a major fail.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.