Right, for long enough have i been trying to make a metal song that sounds like a the biggest most amazing song EVER. Unfortunatly that only happens to famous bands xD.
So any tips on writing a great metal song.Also i have problems writing good solos i dont want some really nice melodic tuneful solo but something along the lines of slipknots vermilion solo. Something that freaks the hell outta you but you still wanna listen.
Superkal 1, just listen 2 some hands-down awesome metal bands. Listen to their songs that blow everything else away. Get really pumped, crank up the distortion on ur amp, and go crazy. Play whatever comes out, it doesn't matter at first if its shit. U fix that later.
Thanks, Ill Give It a go later. By hands down metal stuff should i listen to things like slyer, metallica, pantera and old school legends? And when you say fidlle in c minor, C minor scale right? Because i play in drop b.
Quote by superkal1
Thanks, Ill Give It a go later. By hands down metal stuff should i listen to things like slyer, metallica, pantera and old school legends? And when you say fidlle in c minor, C minor scale right? Because i play in drop b.

You can play any scale regardless of your tuning. Learning some scales will help you. Playing with a drum loop usually helps some people create riffs. It may help you.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Bumpity Bump
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
stand up with your guitar on its strap when you play.

i feel if you are standing up, and having fun, or "feeling powerfull" then when you improvise some riffs, they will be better than they would be if you were sitting down hunched over your guitar working out progressions.

just get into it, and use your theory knoledge, but keep what you want in your mind (and stance)
have a listen to my stuff and tell me what you think, then i will let you know the sucess to writing a brillant song!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Marskell
have a listen to my stuff and tell me what you think, then i will let you know the sucess to writing a brillant song!

Uhh....

No?
Listen to stuff that sounds epic, like you're standing on top of a mountain and someone is screaming the song... If you can find something like that, try to model it and modify it in the way that you want it to sound... That's what I do when I write metal, but the only metal song I ever wrote was called "Trolls with metal hats" so you can guess I'm no metalhead.
Study some metal songs you like.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by Marskell

hahaha way ta toot your own horn man! shame less self-promotion. gotta love it.
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
o yea sorry for the double post. i forgot to acutlaly answer your question!
sometimes i hav a lotta trouble with writing heavy songs too. try just stepping away from your guitar for a while and just chilling somewhere doing something else. when i do that sometimes a really cool heavy riff will pop in my head and then i go down and record it so i remember it and work on it later. you can't try too hard you no? you just gotta let it come to ya.
as far as solos go, just learn a bunch of scales. i like to used phryigian, aeolian, and mixolidian kuz they sound really cool against heavy riffs and they can be pretty dark if thats wut your lookin for
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!