I have a Epiphone Thunderbird, and it seems whenever I turn the two pickup knobs( the one that controls the volume of the pickup) up full it cuts out the power. I can, however, play with just one turned up and the other off ( tried this for both pickups)

I've had this bass for nearly 2 years now and i`ve never had this problem before.

I've checked all the wires and they seem to fine.

I really have no idea what could be wrong, any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance Steven
Nice Bass, I want a Thunderbird.

I think it is just an electrical fault.

See your guitar shop.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Have you played through a second bass amp? If not, try that out.

Yeah tried that, doesn't help the problem its defiantly the guitar ive also tried different jack leads but that didn't help either =(
Be prepared for ppl to tell you thunderbirds suck.

But its almost surely due to old wiring.

Is it an epi or a gibson?
Quote by Arbitror
The pickups are wired out of phase.

pickups don't just jump out of phase because they feel like it, this is a new problem on an old bass

anywho with the limited info i have been given i'd assume that having both knobs up full is for some reason sending the signal to ground, while would lead me to believe that you have a short somewhere in the circuit

Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Be prepared for ppl to tell you thunderbirds suck.

But its almost surely due to old wiring.

Is it an epi or a gibson?

i'd like to think that the bass forum is populated by musicians who won't rip into other peoples gear choices, not children who pick on the odd one out. And that the ben and tam being the responsible adults that they are would severely punish any insolent brat that tries to push this innocent thread in that direction
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Sep 28, 2008,
I'll tell you your problem!

Thunderbirds SUC-

h as any bass can suffer from electrical problems. Sounds like one of the wires on the pots has come loose or something.

Whack it open and take a look.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.