Im looking for the best pedal out there, looking for an amp boost (engl invader orange rockerverb and blackface) various styles of music. i like the fulltoneocds smoothness just wondering if anything better.
Last edited by GhostReverie at Sep 28, 2008,
tubescreamer ftw
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
You really have to try them. they are voiced differently. I had a TS 808 and sold it. Just didn't care for it. The OCD vids sound really good to me, but i think in the end I'm just gonna go with the Wampler Plextortion distortion pedal.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
You really have to try them. they are voiced differently. I had a TS 808 and sold it. Just didn't care for it. The OCD vids sound really good to me, but i think in the end I'm just gonna go with the Wampler Plextortion distortion pedal.

i cant where i live its 150 miles to the guitar store which sells boss and thats about it. i just hope for the best and sell it if i dont like it.
youtube is probably your next best bet to narrow down your choices.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Ffs why does no one search? Theres an ultimate OD thread, if you'd searched you could have posted there, thats why it was made. To cut down on threads like these.
Quote by scott58
youtube is probably your next best bet to narrow down your choices.

yeah i managed to figure that out myself, just looking for suggestions.
I've heard that both the Fulltone OCD and the Zen Drive are good. I myself own an Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer and MXR M133 Micro Amp, and I am content with them.
klon centaur's pretty badass. that lovepedal eternity's meant to be great too, but i haven't tried it. ditto that new hoochie mama one.

depends on the tone you're after and how much you want to spend to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, the great thing about tubescreamers is that there are so many mods availiable for it. but it's the same for the Boss SD-1. i say try a bunch out. me, i abolutely LOVE my Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 RI. it's handwired (but i don't think that changed the tone that much myself) and has a really clear tone, even with the gain maxed out.

i hear the digitech Bad Monkey is pretty decent for the price.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by imicius
I've heard that both the Fulltone OCD and the Zen Drive are good. I myself own an Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer and MXR M133 Micro Amp, and I am content with them.

I love my Fulltone OCD. It's a great overdrive. It gives my 6505 a really nice "Marshallesque" crunch/growl that it would normally NEVER have. It makes for a really unique tone. The Maxon OD808 and OD820 are also really nice OD's.
Can't believe no one's said it. If money isn't a problem, it's gotta be the Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Can't believe no one's said it. If money isn't a problem, it's gotta be the Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor.

Never heard that one.
I have the OCD. I love it. I run it through my Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue, and can get a variety of tones from it. Best pedal in my opinion.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Never heard that one.

well they run you around 300-400 bucks. im not sure the exact price is. reason why they're so expensive is because they use tubes in the pedal
NO, please not the ****ing Bad Monkey!!!

I would look at the Xotic AC Booster, sounds like it's right up your alley.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I always get into trouble here over this Zack, but basically you could do SO much better for a little more money. Overdrives are not exactly expensive, just save an extra $100 and get something that will sound good with everything. The Bad Monkey barely passes as a clean boost and sucks when you turn up the drive, I have played it on two separate occasions and I hated it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by ZackRadiKal
I was thinking of buying a bad monkey; what's wrong with the bad monkey?

well nothing really, for a budget OD it does the job pretty well but the threadstarter said he's after the best OD and the bad monkey is a long way off being that