I probably wont get a new one until next year, but Id like to figure out before then which ones I should try and so I can get a good idea of what I want.

I was looking at a tele but I decided in the end it didn't really fit me.

I play grunge, modern rock, punk, classic rock, and a little metal(if it doesnt do metal good I can live with it)

I'd also prefer something that isn't really heavy, Id like something that is comfortable to play standing up and has a comfortable neck.

So which one?

PRS SE
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-SE-Singlecut-Trem-Electric-Guitar-515828-i1395985.gc

Fender Mustang
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender--65-Mustang-Reissue-Electric-Guitar-512763-i1166319.gc

Fender Highway One HSS Stratocaster
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Highway-One-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-103862579-i1167441.gc

Ibanez SAS32EX
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SAS32EX-Electric-Guitar-518116-i1392782.gc

ESP LTD EC400VF
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ESP-EC400VF-LIST

which one of these?

also any other suggestions, as long as they dont go over $900.00 USD

Id prefer if you could keep the suggestions below $750 though.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
For me it would be between the PRS SE and Mustang.

I'd go for the Mustang, although for the styles of music you prefer to play, i think the PRS would be the best choice.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
What kind of sounds can I get out the PRS, and yes I had been considering a mustang before but Id probably put a tune o matic bridge on it and im so lazy I dont feel like doing that.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I'd go for the PRS or the Strat. Both will be able to get you a wide variety of sounds (good cleans, bluesy tones, crunch, twang, and maybe some lighter metal). It also depends on how suited your amp is for those types of music though.
Quote by RichieKotzen

too bad its over my range, I really cant go over 800 =[
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by RichieKotzen

For what he's playing i dont think all singles will cut it.
PRS is kind of in between a LP and a strat as far as soundwise. Liked the neck more than that on an epi standard, pretty light too.
Quote by pak1351
PRS is kind of in between a LP and a strat as far as soundwise. Liked the neck more than that on an epi standard, pretty light too.

does the prs weigh less than my epiphone g-400? I'm sure the strat does too, it seems like people are telling me to get the prs or the strat.

No opinions on the LTD, Mustang, or the Ibanez?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
bumped
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I think ill try out the PRS and the Strat

are there anything I should know about these guitars though? I know some mim strats are bad, do I have to worry about quality control with either of these?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quality control as far as PRS goes is usually pretty good, but they're made in Korea so play a couple, they all feel a little different. Nothing wrong with mine, but I've only had it for 8 months.

Same for strats
Think they'd get a good sound with my amp, its a line 6 spider valve 112 40w.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Probably. Best thing you could do is bring the amp with you while trying them out, or go to a store that has the same amp and plug them into it there.
honestly when i played the cheaper PRS i didnt like them at all. i dont see why people love them so much. An equally priced epiphone plays much nicer.
I would really get a tele, they can handle suprising amounts of gain and sound like pure win.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*